96 Update Project almost done!! - Page 3 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #41
Gone Busing

Very nice updates. The wife and I have been patiently waiting to acquire our first Newell and when we see a coach done with this kind of pizazz it really gives one the bug. Shannon says, what a cute little car and even the golf cart has a rumble seat.

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #42
1993Newell

Mighty fine job folks. It looks fantastic!

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #43
Billy Bussman

I must agree here this came out classy.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #44
Dave-n-Marjorie

Thanks Brett. I know the son in law was getting many calls and emails a day when he lowered price and was getting frustrated no one was visiting the coach or writing a deposit to hold it. He was used to the car business when people buy on impulse after a 5 minute conversation.

You are soooo right about the passenger side dinette!!!!!!! I dont think anyone noticed it!!! Its one of the first ones I have every seen and was on our "must have" list, but I explained to my wife that PS dinettes are so rare, and free standing dinettes are too, then you ad the bath and a half floorplan, raised roof, series 60, and neutral colors, that we would have to give things up or we will never EVER get one. Low and behold....this one has everything on our wish list and so much more like the outside jennaire grill and entertainment and non Booth dinette. We were just Lucky!

I think everyone is so "stuck" on Newell pricing, they forget for a little more $$$ to upgrade it, they could have their dream coach. Its not like these are production coaches where you can wait till the next one comes around cus with a Newell it probably never will.

In my option, Newells are WAY WAYYYY under priced. For the right floorplan, options, condition, and how the coach was used and owned I would have paid WAYYY more than most people on here say they are worth. To be honest, after I spent about three hours in the coach, going through it, and talking with Newell with a few questions, I would have paid $100k in the condition it was in, knowing that for $10k or $20k I could have my dream Newell for $110 - $120k.

In a few years when Marjorie and I are done full timing in our Newell around the USA, I will sell it for $100k+ and I know I'll get it, not from someone waiting for a "deal", but from someone that recognizes that if they dont buy it, someone else will and they might not ever get the Newell they want.

Hopefully, to some of you reading that are waiting for a "super deal" on a Newell, just remember there might not be one and each day that goes by, you could be living the Newell life in a coach you love and have made you own instead of "waiting"........
Thanks,
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwint View Post
We were one of the tire kickers at twice the price. If it would have been available for under a $100k at that time I would have cut the check. I agree with all the others and their positive comments, it looks great. It is exactly what we are looking for as new as we can fined with 60 series and NO slides. Love the passenger side dinette.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #45
FJGuard

Wow looks great Dave. The white interior with the dark bamboo flooring, amazing transformation. How do you like towing the little fiat?<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <wontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <wontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <wontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #46
Dave-n-Marjorie

The Fiat tows GREAT! Getting 41mpg hwy and 37 city. Its a sport model and I even did the Roadmaster baseplate install myself. No fuses to pull, just put it in neutral and go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJGuard View Post
Wow looks great Dave. The white interior with the dark bamboo flooring, amazing transformation. How do you like towing the little fiat?
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #47
1993Newell

Dave at 41mpg that little Fiat is impressive. Thumbs up for fuel savings.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #48
coachman

Very nice coach Dave-n-Margorie! What is the difference in height in a regular newell and one with a raised roof? I'm 6'2. Would I be able to stand up in a regular Newell?
coachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #49
Dave-n-Marjorie

Thank you coachman! Our ceiling height is 84". Not sure about non raised roofs, but I would guess 78" or 80". BTW the bunks coach look awesome and its a great price. Newells like these are almost impossible to find and the update possibillities are endless.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachman View Post
Very nice coach Dave-n-Margorie! What is the difference in height in a regular newell and one with a raised roof? I'm 6'2. Would I be able to stand up in a regular Newell?
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 07-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #50
stewart33

Amen.
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #51
Neweller

Dave is real close as the ones I have measured of like years seem to be right at 79" so that would give you about 7" to spare. Of course where the bunks are, you will have a difference but should be fine. Out of the dozens of Newell's I have been in, I have only seen a couple that seemed to have shorter roofs and I'm not even sure why they were built? Many Newell owners I have met are over 6 foot and don't seem to have a problem. I guess that would be a "pro" for the basement air as well.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #52
77newell

Dave-n-Marjorie: What a marvelous job you have done in both getting the coach you wanted and then dressing it up to suit you in grand style.

Question about the wallpapering job. We are thinking of updating ours in the 93 coach and were wondering if you first had to strip off the old or were able to just paper it over?
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #53
Dave-n-Marjorie

Papered right over it and worked out well. We did pick an expensive bamboo wallpaper but I think it would work with any kind. Thanks for the compliment, we are very proud of this Newell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77newell View Post
Dave-n-Marjorie: What a marvelous job you have done in both getting the coach you wanted and then dressing it up to suit you in grand style.

Question about the wallpapering job. We are thinking of updating ours in the 93 coach and were wondering if you first had to strip off the old or were able to just paper it over?
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #54
Neweller

D-n-M, sounds like you two are really enjoying the works of your talents right now in that beautiful coach. Glad all is well on the voyage!
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #55
RoDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77newell View Post

Hi Jon and Alie here is a link to a thread I just created for you.

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...html#post36587

RoDesign is offline   Reply With Quote