2002 Newell for sale - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Coach Ownership and More > Coach/Bus Buyer and Seller Exchange
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #21
Dave-n-Marjorie

Very simple....there are what 15-20 current Newells for sale at any one time through individual owners in the USA? Newell owners should align theirs to Prevost for sale (marathon, vantare, a highline convertor..) same year, engine, floorplan, extras and price accordingly. Dont be so desperate to lower pricing and cave in on the bottom feeders. If everyone sticks together, they wont find another Newell as they are so rare and have to pay more. Then, when they resell, they will get more for their Newell.

As far as dealers go, I currently work for a RV dealer and each deal is a seperate one. I have seen a 500hp quad slide Newmar Essex sell at a dealer (not the one I work for) for $125k and the dealer made $40k and Ive seen the same coach sell for $150k and the dealer make $3k. You can never compare a private sale to a dealer sale. Remember, the dealer got that Newell on a TRADE....How much $$$ did he make on that trade?? He might only have $150k in that Newell, that is not the coaches value, its the deal that was made on the trade.

Like I said...Overpriced?? Hmm compare it to a Prevost....That 02 is waaaay UNDER PRICED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaFe View Post
Help me understand how you see Newell owners stabilizing the market price on used RV's?
If the coach in question has not sold then you have your answer on if it too high or not...
The dealer doesn't think it is worth more than asking price and that price
has profit, overhead, commission, advertising, and negotiation room all built in that
asking price !!!!
yes it is Overpriced....

1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #22
stewart33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77newell View Post
If we live in a market economy, and if supply and demand is still a market dynamic then the greater the demand the higher the price and vice versa. In the luxury motorhome market Newell is a niche player just based upon the small numbers produced. The variety of perspectives present on this forum is but a small portion of the perspectives present in the overall market of luxury motorhomes. Within our forum there are those that opine Newell prices should be higher and others that they should be lower, that Prevosts versus Newells should be priced up, down or sideways. These are all value judgements appropriate from the perspective of the one opining. And whenever a buying value opinion agrees with a similar selling value opinion a trade takes place. This is the joy and freedom of the market economy; we all get to passionately express our opinions and there are variety of options presented to us from which we freely choose. Thankfully we live in a time and place to experience this. Life is hard, a life of freedom of choice is even harder.

Jon well said. I am thankful we live in a time and place we can experience the freedom of choice. I agree demand has a lot to do with the prices of these luxury motorhomes. And after seeing how the RV industry took such a huge plunge it feels good to know our Newell coaches are still around.

stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #23
Dave-n-Marjorie

Not really any explanations vs Prevost pricing.....but I will say this....Newells with no slides with series 60's should be priced the same as a Prevost.....Newells with 2 slides same as a Prevost...same with 3 and quad slide Newells....same as Prevost....

I have answered many questions from a dealer perspective since I work for one, and all I hear is free market...free choice...blah blah...If you are a Newell owner and have a coach for sale...you are CRAZY for pricing it less than a comparable Prevost....if you do...I would question why??? Are Newells inferior??? Is there a BIG PROBLEM with your coach?????

If you decide to give your Newell away.....fine.....BUT.....one day soon the desperate sales will be over..and the true pricing will be whats left...same as a Prevost.......for all you Newell wannabes....better buy now or be prepared to pay more $$$$$$ in the future......
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 06-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #24
jdaniel

Dave, I'm curious what you think about the Newmar Essex coaches. I've seen a few of them and while its not a Newell.....it's a pretty good looking coach.
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:48 AM   #25
Dave-n-Marjorie

I owned a 2004 Newmar Essex for two years and it was a GREAT coach. Cannot compare to a bus of any brand, but as far as issues I had zero. Even had the good sam extended warranty for $180 a month and never used it once. In 2005 they changed the chassis and roof,ceiling, was taller, more room in bay and taller bay doors, plus most had residential fridges...much better. The fiberglass RVs do not hold a candle to a bus, but my top pick for the money would be a 05 Essex or 06 Travel Supreme Select. Best plastic coach value out there in my opinion, although for the same $$ I would rather have a 2 slide Newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
Dave, I'm curious what you think about the Newmar Essex coaches. I've seen a few of them and while its not a Newell.....it's a pretty good looking coach.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 06-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #26
jdaniel

In 2007 I'm told they undated the electronics among other things. Seems like the Essex owners are happy with them. If mine had sold I was going to consider one myself.
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #27
Christian51

Interesting discussion. Right now I could get a quad slide 2004 with 63,000 miles on it if I remember correctly for 250 grand. Have to add in a new paint job cause it is butt ugly but then it would be fantastic. I'm in the market and hope to purchase the first of the year. Being my first coach, I don't want to buy a new one in case we find we use it a few trips and it gets parked to much. There is no second choice for me so a Newell is it. They will retrofit the Smart Drive System back to an O6 which I would like to make it easier for the wife to drive. With the technology and floor plan we desire, we are looking at the 2009 through 2013. When the time comes we plan to drive up to Miami and select a coach from their used inventory but I won't seal a deal unless they will closely match the buys I've seen on the net over the last 6 months. I've seen the same late model year coaches going for as much as 35-40% less than Newell's internet quotes. You just have to wait for the next motivated seller and since most of us are old, they pop up quite often. "Selling for health issues."
Christian51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #28
folivier

One reason the used coaches offered at the factory are priced higher is the 2 year warranty.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #29
larryweikart

When we bought our coach from the Newell factory, it was 4 years old and had 54k on it. I don't know how much they had added on to cover the (then it was a 1 year warranty) warranty but it was worth it! We had the peace of mine to know we weren't going to have to dig deeper in the pocket to handle repairs. Of course we were on the road constantly that year and had some problems that could have been very expensive. Obviously it is a personal choice but don't overlook the benefits of 3 years of coverage
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #30
Neweller

Don't forget that many times they are absorbing a trade on top of it. But one customer I sent over to them, they wouldn't take his nice truck conversion in on trade and I know for sure they had the room to do so, so it must had been something they couldn't wholesale off or sell out of used inventory. When money is not the issue, the factory seems to be the way to go for most folks.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #31
Dave-n-Marjorie

Its really quite funny. Everyone wants a "deal". Those days are over. Newell makes what, 20-30 a year? How many are actually on the market? How many are in good shape? How many have the right color? How many have the right floorplan? How many have been serviced and taken care of? How many are updated? An 04' quad for $250k seems like a good deal to me, but again who really knows? I saw and inspected in person a 03 quad slide that I would not pay $50k for, and could have purchased for $80k. Yes it drove too!

There are many, many wannabe buyers on here looking for that "deal". You can wait and wait and wait and maybe one year that "health issue" deal will come around, or you can buy one at a fair price and start living the Newell life!!! Weather its from the Newell, private sale, or at another dealer. Ron's 96' for $99k is a perfect example. If that coach was a Prevost instead of a Newell, it would be sold in less than an hour. We people finally get educated about Newells, they will understand that Rons 96 is a DEAL!!! ok a STEAL!!! Dont let the Newell life pass you by lookin from the outside....get on the inside now and have fun is my best advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian51 View Post
Interesting discussion. Right now I could get a quad slide 2004 with 63,000 miles on it if I remember correctly for 250 grand. Have to add in a new paint job cause it is butt ugly but then it would be fantastic. I'm in the market and hope to purchase the first of the year. Being my first coach, I don't want to buy a new one in case we find we use it a few trips and it gets parked to much. There is no second choice for me so a Newell is it. They will retrofit the Smart Drive System back to an O6 which I would like to make it easier for the wife to drive. With the technology and floor plan we desire, we are looking at the 2009 through 2013. When the time comes we plan to drive up to Miami and select a coach from their used inventory but I won't seal a deal unless they will closely match the buys I've seen on the net over the last 6 months. I've seen the same late model year coaches going for as much as 35-40% less than Newell's internet quotes. You just have to wait for the next motivated seller and since most of us are old, they pop up quite often. "Selling for health issues."
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #32
Christian51

That's my plan and chances are I won't buy except from the factory. If I didn't, I would have what I did purchased sent to the factory before I'd set sail. Budget isn't a issue, only value for my dollar. We decided that if we're going to do it, get what we want that works best for us. The factory will buy late model coaches if they feel the price is below what they would like and could sell it for themselves so they are keeping the price up best they can. Frankly this demand is high stuff isn't the case in used inventory of million dollar coaches. They are cranking out new ones on order but the used ones at their advertised prices are not moving that fast. From what they told me at Texas Motorhomes is that the 100-200 grand range is where the bulk demand is in used coaches. Least when I do go to purchase, I hope that is the case.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #33
Dave-n-Marjorie

Good call, having been to the factory a few times spending almost 2 weeks there, I can tell you buying from the factory on late models is a great decision. Working for a dealer the best advise is this. Since you have no trade, you are in the best position possible. Cash buyer even better. Negotiate in person, print and bring all the alike pricing from private sellers with you. Trust me, it helps and makes you look like an educated consumer. Make it clear to them, if you get to a sell price you are comfortable with, you will buy it that day, on the spot. Test drive the ones your interested in. Spend hours in them. Who knows what they took it in on trade, so start 30% low and if they let you walk, its not enough profit for them. Thats ok. They have to make a little money, your goal is to get the skinnyist deal possible. Newell makes no money sitting on coaches, they are washed and detailed each day, plus insurance and interest they are paying on the finance (floorplan) not to mention how much they spend in pdi and fixing everything that is broken. Plus....the warranty you get!! Dont forget to look at what is sitting there and not moving, and maybe you will get a better deal....Dont hesitate on most decor, paint, furniture, ect...call all be changed.

Good luck and keep us updated!!!
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #34
Christian51

Thanks, we're of like minds on the approach. If we can come to a deal, I'll be ready to write a check on the spot. I'll just have to keep my excitement in check. We have already narrowed it down to 3 specific coaches in their inventory that works for us at the moment but it does seem they add a one or two every month so pickins look good!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #35
Yachts

Here is the Interesting thing.. Look in the slide market under 200k what's out there now? I had a no slide I bought right. Just traded it and feel like I got a great buy on a 99 double slide.. The only 2 coaches I can find that are close right now is one in Texas asking 199, Newell's asking 225 and a 2001 footer double slide in New Mexico.. The slide coaches in the sub 200 range have all but gone.. 4 months ago there were several..
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #36
Christian51

I think the reason for older two slide coaches are moving fast is thatprice range being flooded with buyers right now. Texas Motorhomes had a double slide when we visited last week and it was gone the day after for around 150. They have a 2004 quad side with 60 some thousand on it and it looks great. Well the most ugly paint job ever but interior is as expected of a Newell. They have had it for almost a year, stated at 300+, dropped to 159 or so and could be had now for the 240 range. When you get to the 300+ range I assume most people go for a newer plastic coach with the lastest tech and new shine. Rather than go for an older coach with a floor plan that doesn't fit quite right, my back up plan is for a Newmar Essex since it too can come with a steerable tag and computer drive. And it would be brand new, all our own smells and vibes to start it out. And they offer a floor plan that we like very much so I can understand how the older Newell coaches over 300 grand could be slower to move. Note the price range of the specials Newell has marked. I have not seen a Newell older than an 09 that I am all interested in. If I'm going to bust the bubble and purchase such an expensive machine, I'm going to have one that I enjoy being in with no regrets or wishes. I don't know if I will even like living on the road, I've worked at home all my life, haven't even taken a vacation is 40 years. I figure if I'm going to try it, then I might as well make it as comfortable and trouble free as possible and ride in style.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #37
Christian51

double post, edited out
Old 09-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #38
Yachts

I was the buyer of that coach lol
Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 AM   #39
Christian51

No kidding? Blew me away when it went off the net the day after our visit. Did they give you a warranty of some sort? He said they were very good about backing the coaches they sell. We stopped in late on a drive back from Houston and the old man that lives in one and watches the grounds at night and drives for them gave us the tour. He had a critique of every brand on the lot yet worshiped the Newell. The friend with me wanted that coach but we're a couple months from being ready. Congratulations! That one had a better paint job than that 04. I couldn't drive that thing looking like it does, reminds me of the "Rent Me" coach in Robin Williams movie RV.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #40
Yachts

Yep, that was me.. The 04 does have a horrible paint job and I'm not to fond of the mid bath.. That will be a coach in my opinion that may languish for awhile..but if someone put 30-50 k in her new paint job you might be able to flip it for some cash.. My coach was formally known as the Mickey mouse coach.. Lol.. Has 100 songs in the horn.. All Disney..