Tech Talk Archives 1 - Page 3 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #41
Neweller

A
121 11/5/2000 9:07:19 AM 11/5/2000 Charles Cravens craminc@juno.com Hot Water in Shower There is plenty of hot water, yet in the shower the tempature must be turned to the extreme and the flow turned to max to get hot water. This started two days ago. Any suggestions?

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #42
Neweller

Q
123 11/5/2000 10:26:30 AM 11/5/2000 Newell Service service@newellcoach.com Oil grades We recommend a premium synthetic oil, Mobil Delvac 1, for all Newell Detroit Diesel engines; and Kohler, Martin, Onan and Power Tech generators. (These comments also apply to Detroit Diesel private label versions of Delvac 1). Delvac 1 is a multi-viscosity product. While Detroit Diesel generally recommends against multi-viscosity oils in Series 92 engines, this is based upon certain characteristics (technically known as "shear") of conventional mineral base oils not applicable to Delvac 1. In over ten years of using and recommending Delvac 1, we have seen superlative performance from this lubricating oil. Cold weather starting is much better than with straight grade mineral base oils, evaporative losses, and therefore oil consumption, is less, and Delvac 1 withstands higher temperatures and therefore will do a superior job of protecting the engine in overheating situations. Delvac 1 is the gold standard.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #43
Neweller

A
124 11/6/2000 11:45:28 AM 11/6/2000 Newell Service service@newellcoach.com Hot Water in Shower Since around 1990, Newell has installed thermostatically controlled shower valves in new coaches. These valves maintain the set temperature even with variations in water pressure that occur with RV water pumps. Over time, the "thermoelement cartridge" that controls the temperature can fail and require replacement. When your coach was delivered new, the manual for the shower valve was included in a large loose leaf notebook of various component literature. If you can locate this manual, identify the specific cartridge with its part number in the illustrated parts breakdown. Our parts department can order the required cartridge with this information. If you cannot locate the manual, we may be able to order the correct part if you advise us of the brand of the shower valve. It will be either a Arwa Luwa or a Grohe. If you cannot identify the brand of the shower valve, another option is to have our service techs try to identify the brand of the valve from visual inspection when the coach is here.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #44
Neweller

A
127 11/7/2000 6:46:47 PM 11/9/2000 agkcpa agkcpa@hotmail.com Hughes Autoformer - 50 amp I am thinking of installing an Autoformer in my 1983 Newell.

They have two 50-amp models, a 50-amp 120-volt model and 50-amp 240-volt model.

I believe the way my coach is wired is two legs of 50-amp at 120-volt. Is this correct?

I would like this to be a permanent installation inside the electrical compartment. In what order should things be wired (line from shore power, Autoformer, inverter, electrical panel, etc.)? Which model should I get if I want to have the transformer work for all of the 120-volt circuits? Or do I need two? Is there a better alternative?

Thanks for your help,
Art Knapp

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #45
Neweller

Q
130 11/9/2000 5:13:53 AM 11/9/2000 Bud Burton info@mobilsat.com Satellite Data Connection You will need to contact DirecTV to set up an account if your receiver still has a valid access card
in place. If not you can contact a Satellite Retailer to get a card and programming. You can contact
our office via e-mail for more info.

Thanks

Bud Burton
Mobil Satellite Technologies

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #46
Neweller

A
132 11/9/2000 5:31:08 AM 11/9/2000 Newell Engineering engineering@newellcoach.com Hughes Autoformer - 50 amp Yes, your coach has two legs, 50 amps at 120 volts each. We have no experience with the Autoformer device you are considering. We suggest you consult technicians trained and experienced in this product and also carefully review and follow the manufacturer's installation instructions regarding use of this product in your Newell.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #47
Neweller

A
133 11/9/2000 11:47:30 AM 11/9/2000 Tuga Gaidry tuga@cajun.net Satellite receiver overheating... My satellite receiver is located in the cabinet above the passenger seat in my '93 Newell. This cabinet also houses the Sony surround sound, VCR, and Datron satellite control box. The access card is distorted from the heat. I would like any suggestions as to where I could relocate the satellite receiver.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #48
Neweller

Q
134 11/12/2000 5:31:52 AM 11/12/2000 Raul Cortez raulcortez@aol.com Satellite Data Connection I have the same need for internet service while travelling in my coach. I just received an email update from Dish Network, which indicated that starting late this month they will be offering satellite internet service without the need for a telephone line. You can visit their site at: www.starband.com . After visiting their site, I read that satellite service is not available at this time. But we should keep checking their site for updates for their service. Also, look into internet service provided through cellular antenna. Look at www.goamerica.com . They offer unlimited internet service for $59.95 per month via cellular antenna. A special pcmcia card with an antenna is required, which can be bought from them. The only fall back is the service is only available while in major cities. If you have any new information please post it or email me please. I hope they figure this stuff out soon.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #49
Neweller

A
135 11/12/2000 5:36:43 AM 11/12/2000 Raul Cortez raulcortez@aol.com Satellite receiver overheating... I had the same problem. I now leave my cabinet door cracked slightly open to let the heat out. My card has not warped yet....I hope it won't. I also have a second satellite receiver located in the back bedroom that is hooked up to the bedroom TV. I haven't had any overheating problems there. Hope this helps.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #50
Neweller

A
136 11/13/2000 9:20:14 AM 11/13/2000 Raul Cortez raulcortez@aol.com Satellite Data Connection After reading further on at starband.com, I have learned that they do not recommend the two-way internet for motorhomes. They say that it requires a special installer to aim the satellite. I don't know what is so diffucult about aiming the satellite though. Their site said that Starband service will be available in November through Dish Network retailers and through Radio Shack. Dish Network will be selling a Starband modem with dish. And Radio Shack will be selling a computer that has special hardware installed in it that will hook up to the external dish. I imagine that other companies are on the verge of releasing similar versions of no phone line internet service.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #51
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212al

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #52
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212am

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #53
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212an

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #54
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212ao

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #55
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212ap

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #56
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212aq

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #57
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212ar

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #58
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212as

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #59
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212at

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #60
Neweller

testing testing testing 1212au

-Bob Marley