1991 Newell - REPO - Taking bids - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
my38special

Default 1991 Newell - REPO - Taking bids

For those lucky enough to be buying (with the recently depressed prices), a Wanderlodge buddy of mine told me about the following Newell that is being talked about on his Bluebird forum:

https://www.capedfcu.org/news/for-sa...well-coach-40/

Pictures:

1991 NEWELL COACH 40 FT

© 2012 CapEd FCU (208) 884-0150 (All Offices) | (800) 223-7283 (Nationwide Toll-Free) | Fax: (208) 855-4727

https://www.capedfcu.org/locations/meridian/

Looks like a potentially good deal for the right person.

my38special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
NewellCrazy

Make sure you have some deep pockets because normally repossessed vehicles ended up with bad treatment and we all know what an engine etc can cost if it was not cared for.

Just Saying,

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
MrE

This unit is located within 8 miles of my house. If anyone wants pictures or anything else, let me know and I'll run over and get them for you.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #4
Neweller

I spoke with the credit union a couple of weeks ago on this one and I was going to post about it and forgot. All the tires are past the dates and they originally purchased it for $49,000 from Motorhomes of Texas. You can check it out on their site, as it is still on there. It is listed on the www.NewellShowcase.com gallery. You will see it had burgundy carpet and some had changed part of it for tile. It will need some nice cosmetic upgrades and tires at least. The windshields were cracked, side window was broken out from the door hitting it, and the starter was toast. They put about 10,000 mile on it and never made a payment from what I was told. It took a nice joy ride and got parked. The running gear will need oil samples run and thorough inspection.

The bank got a value from Newell and Motorhomes of Texas and neither were interested in buying it from them.

I put a value of about $20,000 plus or minus in as/is condition. Only because the engine if it has a short life could set you back another $20-25K and when you buy a repo as/is with unknowns you have to go into it this way unless you can get a thorough inspection from a reputable mechanic shop. Can anyone relate to what I'm saying?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Lou Placentia

I called and spoke with Bobbie, She mentioned current bid was 33K. It needs tires and windshields replaced.

Lou Placentia
Old 01-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
Gax

Lou, I had spoke with Bobbie as well and the latest a supposed standing offer of $33k. Funny thing is that when speaking with Bobbie two weeks ago the credit union had only two bids and the highest was mine at around $20k. Bobbie told me then that they would probably cut it loose for right at $23k to get it off the books by the end of the year, which is $10k less than the current standing offer.
Gax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
Neweller

I through them an offer without looking at it for $18,500 and was the runner up bidder for a couple of weeks. I didn't know they actually got an offer over $30,000. They must feel pretty darn good about it now. When I talked to them they mentioned the $23,000 as well. I figured they would probably get that no problem. I would pay the $18,500 if someone wants the engine out of it for the difference. I would take it and do an engine upgrade.

Lou, they told me they had already done the starter, windshields and side window that was broke out from the door hitting it.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote