2000 Newell Double Slide with Unique Mid-Entry, Lots of Storage - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #21
Neweller

Ernest, thanks for the link. Quite the extensive list. My thing for the dealer would be to exchange the tires out and put them on something else. Chinese tires don't belong on a Newell, especially a heavier slide unit. (I'm being nice). Go with the 365 front tire upgrade and try to stay with Michelin.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #22
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

I second what Ken said. I blew two front Toyo tires, both with the correct air pressure, only 15,000 miles, and one of them on I-10 doing 70mph. I will never run anything but Michelin again.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
David Carrol

I value my life to much to use chinese made tires.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #24
dfwcantor

Belonged to a guy who owned Subaru dealerships. Was a big Denver bronco fan, hence the colors. Dealer put on the rear tires and did the electronics upgrades which looked really nice. The orig owner put on the front tires. I've done business with this dealer on 2 prior coaches and was very happy; I think he's a straight up guy which is why I' m a bit baffled by the comments indicating it is priced too high. This is the first Newell that I've seen him offer; maybe he paid too much for it.
dfwcantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #25
Neweller

Now the colors make a whole lot of sense. It may have belonged to John Elway as he owns Subaru dealerships. And this could actually add some value for many folks. If it was for sale up in Denver come spring it would probably bring and extra $15k - 20k. If money is no big thing and it is what someone really likes the dealer might get lucky and get into the upper 100k range. A savvy Newell buyer will be in the mid 100k range. I over paid for my first Newell and thought I got a great deal, price wise. This being a 13 year old coach, it is priced on the high side. The dealer may have paid too much. I have a good idea where wholesale should be, but don't know how close he was to it. The miles are low, which is good and bad depending on how it was stored and why the tires were replaced? Does it have any signs of lot rot?

The dealer may not be over priced if he is willing to offer a generous trade-in to someone. But a lot of folks around here are talking cash money.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #26
Archie T. Hogan

When it comes to tires my motto is "Buy American" whenever possible.

Archie

Full Timing( Already Started)
Archie T. Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #27
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

I feel an urge to comment on this coach. Based on the photos and representation of low miles, this appears to be a very clean coach. The coach does not have some of the options that were available from Newell, but if it checks out mechanically, it should go for somewhere between $160k and $180k. I base this on my experience searching in the market last year and the final purchase of my coach. Someone will end up with a very nice coach which they should enjoy as much as I do mine.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #28
Neweller

I wanted to let everyone know that this coach does have a new owner and we want to congratulate them. Please come back and share some fun history about it with all of us.

-Bob Marley