Raritan Hot Water Heater Leaking - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
jimbo

Default Raritan Hot Water Heater Leaking

My raritan hot water heater is leaking, I have been told it is the tank and that I need to replace it. How hard is it to replace? I can't find any videos on the web showing the replacement process. I can get a replacement for half the price of what it will cost me to have someone else install it. I am pretty good at fixing things but I would like to have alot of information before I take on a project especially something that my hot water heater. Thanks for anything you can give me.

jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
GORDON HUMMEL

The raritan is nothing more than a regular 110v hot water heater with 2 engine coolant lines going through it. I believe there are other posts on this forum on replacement. You will need to clamp the engine heater hoses so you don't drain the engine cooling system. You will loose some coolant in the process no matter what.
I replaced mine with a regular 20 gal unit I got @ Lowes for +/- $225. If you stay with the Raritan & don't have a mixing valve to reduce the temp, you should review the old posts because the waterheater temp can get as high as the engine operating temp. You may have notice that while traveling you will have hot water pressure even though the pump is off. Did I tell you the story about how water tight the bathroom vanity drawers are????????????????????????????????????????

1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
folivier

I changed my raritan water heater the first year I got my coach due to the tank leaking. Pretty easy to do and I added the mixing valve also. My post should be here somewhere.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
prairieschooner

Hold on a minute, if it's Hot does it need to be heated? Water Heater.
I replaced ours with 6 gallon SEWARD water heater, at around $200.00 when we bought the coach about 5 years ago. Next one will be a straight 120 Volts Water Heater without the Engine Temperature Transfer Hoses. I'm not so sure that it is worth the hassle of the temperature valve.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote