1972 Newell on eBay - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
MrE

Default 1972 Newell on eBay

What do you think? Says the buy it now price is as low as they will go, is this one selling?

1972 32' Newell Motorcoach. Rare! in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors
[TABLE="width: 0"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]1972 Newell
Up for sale is our 1972 Newell Motorcoach. Total mileage 130,XXX miles. Smog exempt. All aluminum body has just undergone a full exterior paint/body restoration. The body exterior was completely stripped down to the original aluminum. Two heavy coats of epoxy primer followed by three coats of acrylic urethane. Roof was painted with epoxy. Very tough paint and white was chosen for optimal thermal cooling qualities. The base color is Hot Rod FlatzTropical Turquoise acrylic urethane. Restoration Shop Gloss Dove Gray acrylic urethane stripes and the lower wrap is Hot Rod Flatz Lead Sled Silver acrylic urethane. There are no leaks whatsoever on this coach which is a testimate to the build quality. Newell is a handbuilt motorcoach from the wheels up. It is not a bus conversion.

The original motor was replaced with a new 500 cu. in. Detroit Turbo diesel. This engine has about 50,000 miles on it. Runs smooth and strong. Transmission is heavy duty 6 speed Allison automatic with brake retarder. Rear air bag suspension. Power steering. Power assist hydraulic brakes. 4KW Generac generator appears pretty much unused. Starts and runs smooth and strong. Front tires are new. Rear duals have 90 plus percent tread. Spare tire holder pictured above rear bumper. Excellent spare included not pictured. Custom rear hitch.

I have receipts from previous owner from Richmond Custom Design totaling $13,639.00 for interior renovation. It has oak parquet hardwood flooring throughout. The floor finish is worn in heavy traffic areas and could use a coat of urethane. Coach sleeps 4 comfortably. This Newell was ordered to specification by local San Diego attorney. They wanted a chauffeur’s quarters installed in the rear of the coach which required the second (driver’s) entrance door on rear left side so there are two entrance doors which is extremely rare. The driver’s quarters had it’s own bathroom complete with toilet, sink, shower, medicine cabinet, sleeping bunk, heater, built in closet. Rear toilet was removed for lack of use but everything else is still there. Hot water heater was replaced a few years ago. There are over a dozen Twin Lite fluorescent light fixtures conveniently installed throughout coach. Very bright, they use only 15 watts but put out the equivalent of a 75 watt light. Three speed Fantastic ceiling fan/vent. Two Dometic Brisk Air roof mounted air conditioning units work perfectly and blow ice cold. The silver Whirlpool fridge pictured installed is three years old and is a conventional 120v. The black fridge in the photos is a Norcold three way (propane, 120v, 12v) RV refrigerator. It’s had about a year’s use and has been kept in dry storage. It is included in the sale. I just tested it for the photos. It works perfectly, is in immaculate condition, made ice cubes very quickly and photo of thermometer displays fridge temp at a setting of 7. Magic Chef four burner stove top. Magic Chef microwave. Central vacuum system! Huge double clothes closet/storage. Sixteen overhead storage compartments provide plenty of storage space. Coleman propane central heating unit works perfectly and appears to have had little use. In fact, the coach itself appears to have had little use. Still has the original porcelain Dometic toilet! Huge stainless steel water storage tanks. This coach is fully self contained. This Newell has had a fortunate history. It’s always been in southern California, well taken care of and lightly used. Previous owners shelled out a lot of money for upgrades to the interior, the Detroit Turbo Diesel and the body and paint restoration. Coach has never been in an accident. There is a small crack in the upper corner of the drivers side glass.

This coach currently resides at an Stage Coach Trails RV park in Julian, CA. My wife and I are living in it until it sells. Reason for selling? We are moving and buying a house. The RV park has a nice feature called “park and leave” for 150.00 per month you can leave the RV set up in a space and come out and stay for days and then leave it so if you wanted to come out to the desert for the weekend or for a vacation the RV is there set up. There are several RV’s here that take advantage of park and leave. Full time is only 300.00 per month. It’s beautiful here. I will consider delivering the Newell to the San Diego area and fully acquainting the new owners or delivering and setting up at a local park.

Current registration through March 2114. Clear title. This coach is priced for sale. The buyitnow price reflects the near minimum I will accept. It does not reflect nearly what it’s worth but what I will take for it because I know it’s worth considerably more but we are motivated to sell so if you make an offer it should be reasonably close to the buy it now price. Coach is sold as is, where is. Not interested in any trades. Payment by either certified bank cashiers check or Cash. I can almost always respond to e-mails/phone within 12 -24 hours.

[TABLE="class: vi-ia-attrGroup, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Condition:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at ... Read more[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Year:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]1972[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Sleeping Capacity:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]4[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Make:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Newell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Vehicle Title:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Clear[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Type:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Motorized class A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Fuel Type:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Diesel[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Length (feet):[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]32[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]For Sale By:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Private Seller[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Mileage:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]130,000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Air Conditioners:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]2[/TD]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"][/TD]
[TD="align: left"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: storeDescTd"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
NewellCrazy

What a crazy setup with the rear door and separate chauffeur's quarters. Don't know that it will sell but definitely has an unique setup.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
1993Newell

I think that's the first classic I have seen with a chauffeur's quarters. It would be interesting to know who ordered this coach when it was built.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Neweller

it's an interesting piece. During good times, he could get that no problem. It has the 8.2L engine. GM's idea of moving away from the 2-strokes DD's I believe. A 4-stroke non-sleeve engine. Only problem I have heard is they are usually toast if overheated. But we all no better than that right?

He should paint the engine up and buff that expensive paint job. You get to refers to go with the two doors. Actually, that is an odd ball having a rear door. Makes it much safer in a fire! I think Newell ought to buy it and put it in a new Newell Coach museum. Miami, OK needs an attraction for visitors.

Jon, this is your chance to move down in size?????
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote