Unwelcome Changes - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
prairieschooner

Default Unwelcome Changes

I have noticed a delay in the postings. Looks like the administer must approve any postings. This is unwelcome to me, this would really hamper any discussion that is active.
Just my opinion!

PS there does appear to be some censorship, I made a post and it was not allowed. Hopefully this will not be the case in the future. I really have enjoyed this site since '91 and have allot of great interactions and advice that have lent to our '82 being preserved
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Neweller

Steve, I'm not even sure why the board is set on that. A while back I locked this whole forum just for administrative announcements and not actually for discussions. The current administrative team can discuss this and we can change it. When we locked for private use, it must have automatically defaulted to these settings. I will double check with other administrators to see what they want this section to actually be. Andy has told me he wanted the announcement thread open for interaction and such and like I stated, I think this is a default setting. We had never set it to approval anything, just locked for one-way announcements.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Neweller

I'm still working on this. I have to set this section where only particular discussion threads are opened. We do not want every announcement open to just any jargon. The idea would be to keep pertinent open threads available for member interaction and simple updates and announcements to open as I previously stated. I apologize for any delay as I'm currently working on it.

Thanks again for your patience!
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
prairieschooner

Sure Ken,
It just appeared to me as though there would be censorship where there did not appear to be in the past!
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
Andy R
Site Team

There is no plan to moderate postings. It seems like the permission have been tweaked considerably over the years. We'll get to working on cleaning this up and making sure everything is configured properly. In the weeks ahead we'll have lots of housekeeping stuff to take care of and we'll post about it and solicit everyone's input.

Happy 4th of July weekend!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
David Dennis

I wrote what I thought was an innocuous thread-starter about luxury RVs and burning man a couple of days ago and it still hasn't been posted.

I don't know if this is censorship or nobody is driving the bus here ... Which is funny if you think about it!
David Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #7
Janet H
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dennis View Post
I wrote what I thought was an innocuous thread-starter about luxury RVs and burning man a couple of days ago and it still hasn't been posted.

I don't know if this is censorship or nobody is driving the bus here ... Which is funny if you think about it!

Hi David - Your post is right here: http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...html#post38381 and has been displaying since you posted it. If you are using the new posts link to view content you would not have seen it as it's no longer "new to you"

Welcome to the board however - btw Burning man is good fun. Are you planning for next year?
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
David Dennis

I wasn't referring to that post. I posted a new thread, with a very long, detailed post with lots of questions, on the general discussion forum and it has, to my knowledge, not yet appeared. When I completed it, it said approval from a moderator was required and would occur shortly.

I don't think it shows up in my post count because it was not (yet) approved. As an administrator, I hope you can take a look and see if it's stuck somewhere.

And yes, I am planning for next year. A group of friends are going this year, and I want to launch a more comfortable expedition with some of them this year . I'm a bit too old for the total rough-it lifestyle, but still enjoy the odd adventure .

David
David Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:05 AM   #9
Janet H
Site Team

Thanks for the info - post found. I think it was moderated because it had a link in it.. The link kicked up the spam abatement filter. Sorry about the hassle
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote