Hot water flow has slowed substantially in our newell coach - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Lindsay

Default Hot water flow has slowed substantially in our newell coach

Although the cold water pressure has not changed at the faucets, the hot has slowed substantially. Any suggestions.

Thomas Lindsay

Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
NewellCrazy

See your water heater check valves. the reduced flow on the 'hot' side of a faucet is usually due to some trapped 'crud' from the water heater tank finding it's way through the system.

In older rigs, if the water heater tank isn't flushed on a seasonal basis, small 'balls' of 'crud' may accumulate and then find their way downstream to the faucets

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #3
GringoPhil

If the mineral content of the water is high enough to cause severe crudding of the tank, you are going to get mineral slats throughout the water lines and faucet screens regardless. The heat in the hot lines makes it more susceptible, of course.

Flushing the tank and lines can only help, though. I do ours annually, though we do not seem to pick up a lot of crap in the tank. We have an inlet filter on the water system, but still have to clean the screens at the faucets once a year too.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Twins

Because of the hard water here out west where I live, With our newell I usually flushed the hot water system with a mild vinegar solution. I fill the water heater with a solution of about 2 or 3 gallons of vinegar. I then heat the solution and flush the hot system.

It's amazing how much crud comes out of the lines while doing this.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
Vantare

Might be as simple as adjusting the flow valves a bit. Mine has 1/4 turn valves on the inlet side, the output side, and one inline between the two to reduce the maximum temperature of the output by blending cold water with the hot water. If one or more valve is closed too much, the flow reduces significantly.

As noted by others, there may be crud in the lines too. If you open the valves for a second while water is flowing, any crud will be passed downstream to the next restriction. If the faucet handle is open all the way, the crud should pass through the handle and be caught by the aerator at the spout. That's easy to clean.

Vantare

Cannondale Slice 5 Bike

2006 Prevost Vantare’ Double Slide

Steve & Annie
Vantare is offline   Reply With Quote