Wind noise around driver area - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Summersgal

Default Wind noise around driver area

I have had an irritating wind noise coming from somewhere in the front windshield area above the drivers head. I have hovered over Pam’s head with my Inficon air leak detector on more than one occasion while she has been driving down the road trying to locate the source of the wind noise with no luck. During our visit With Tom and Darlene a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned this to Tom. Tom let me borrow his Inficon Whisper Transmitter to use to see if I could find the leak. It took all of 1 minute to find it. Right above the top left hand side of the windshield, a bracket had been riveted on to the coach to help hold the CB antenna. As soon as I put the leak detector close to this bracket it started sounding off like it had found a major air leak. I drilled out the rivets, filled the holes with silicone, put a small dab of silicone on the back of the bracket and re-riveted it back in place. I turned the transmitter back on and could not even get a beep from anywhere around the bracket. I am attaching a few pictures also. One picture shows the transmitter on the dash, the second shows a close up of the bracket and the third shows the whole antenna so you will be able to see exactly where the bracket is located. Thanks Tom for allowing me to borrow your transmitter, Pam will be sending it back in the next few days.
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Transmitter.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Antenna Bracket 2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Antenna Bracket.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1359  

Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
encantotom

i am glad that it worked. now i know it does.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote