You meet the nicest people - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
rheavn

Default You meet the nicest people

Suzy & I went to Newell to have some work done. Just after I arrived I saw a '86 Newell pull in that I had seen at Iowa Speedway in about 2006, but never got a chance to meet the owner. They verified that they had been at Iowa Speedway in 2006 and we instantly hit it off. They were one of the funniest and friendly couple you could ever meet. They have owned their Newell for over ten years & it is exactly what they want and they have personalized it with the creature comforts they enjoy. He is a member of the forum, but doesn't participate often.

I walked around the campground at Newell and saw a coach that I recognized from two previous occasions. The first time I saw this Newell was probably about 2007. This coach and another Newell went past me in Pennsylvania at about 80 mph. They obviously were racing coaches that had left Pocono Raceway and were headed to Watkins Glen Raceway in NY. The second time I saw this coach was last April at Newell on the sales line. The coach is very recognizable as it has one of the most gorgeous & distinctive paint jobs I've ever seen on a Newell. Later that day I checked the forum and there was a post by Bill Johnson who stated he was at Newell. We connected up and guess who owns that beautiful 2003 Newell--Bill Johnson. Suzy & I got an opportunity to spend some time with Bill and Baxter(the boxer) and had a great time talking Newells.

As they were servicing my Newell I met another very interesting guy. He was having a 2003 Newell serviced. He was a coach driver for a racing team in Italy that owns two Newells. The team has the 2003 Newell that they keep in Montreal and a 2012 Newell that they use in Europe. He stated it is $25,000 to ship the 2012 back to Newell from Italy. Twice they have flown Newell techs over to Italy to work on the 2012. He is an American who got hooked up with the Italian team when his American racing team folded. He said he knows no foreign languages and when he is in Europe it is very challenging for him. As you can see this was one interesting guy to talk.

Next I met a car dealer who was trading in a 9 month old Foretravel on a 2009 Newell. This gentleman has owned almost every coach brand including several Prevost coaches, but never a Newell. He was trading out his stuff into his new coach as we left.

Spoke with several others and to a person every owner we spoke with were thrilled with their Newell! Newell people are just the nicest you will ever meet.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
tuga

Steve,

The car dealer you mention above is a good friend. I rode with him while he test drove the 2009. It is really a nice coach - I especially like the bunk beds. They are huge: 6'2" long and they have their own AC!

You're right - you do meet the nicest people at the Newell factory. I have enjoyed visiting and making friends thru the Newell factory for almost 20 years. Wouldn't trade those memories for a million dollars!

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
rheavn

Tuga,
You are right. That is him. He gave me a tour of the coach & it is gorgeous!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
Bikestuff

Ditto on all the above! It was great to meet Steve and the rest of the Newell crowd up here.

I kinda feel like Rodney Dangerfield. I am not sure I belong in any club that would have me...but being a Newell owner puts you in with a group of the warmest most helpful guys and gals in the world. I think we should all get together and show up at Tom's house and have an adhoc Newell party!
Coach #653 2003 powered by C12 Cat, BMW R1100GS, FJ Cruiser
Bikestuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Summersgal

Yes so many nice people own Newell's. We live close (90 miles) and have been to Newell a few times. The people that you meet that are either getting work done or the owners are always friendly and helpful! Hopefully while there you did the self guided tour! Its very interesting to walk through and talk with the employees also! And even look in the new ones they are building! It is just amazing to see or it was to me.

Pam
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
lbrachfe

We made some good friends at Newell too... All our visits have rendered new people to visit while traveling and you can never finish a conversation with another Newell owner, so you need to make plans to get together again soon and discuss the most recent trip to "Camp Newell" ...... We will be there again on May 21 and look forward to meeting more friends and learning more new stuff....
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
rheavn

I hope all of you will take the time to meet some of the other Newell owners as there are some very knowledgeable and truly accomplished folks. We just had Russ White and his daughter Cynthia stop by for a visit. Russ owns the coach one number before mine so we have some thing in common right from the start. After comparing our coaches, which had many similarities and differences, we talked Newell. We took a little time to do some maintenance and polishing. We even found time for a little sight seeing and had some great eats too. While I enjoy my coach as much as the rest of you, meeting and enjoying fellow owners has been very fulfilling.