I have a DAVCO 382 Fuel Filter Question? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
RussWhite

Default I have a DAVCO 382 Fuel Filter Question?

Hi,

I have a Davco FuelPro 382 as my fuel filter on my luxury Newell Coach. It has a clear canister that contains the fuel and allows you to see the fuel filter. When a new fuel filter is installed, the fuel level starts near the bottom and there is a line near the top that suggests when the fuel rises to that level, it is time to change the filter.

We started our trip west on June 3rd and now ( June 15th ) have logged about 2900 miles. After about 560 miles I observed the fuel at the top of the canister and changed the filter. Then by another 1300 miles I noticed it was near the top again. I changed it again. That was yesterday and today we logged about 430 miles and it is not quite to the top, but 85% of that way I'd say. There have been no issues with power or how it drives. I am in a park that does not allow one to do any maintenance so I will not change it again right now.

I have fueled strictly at Flying J's and moved a lot of fuel through the coach in a short time.

It was suggested by another owner, I might drain some fuel from the bottom of the tank, but I have not had an opportunity to do that yet, but I think I could purchase a pan and some containers and do that if the petcock is willing to be opened.

Just posting here to see if the group has any advice for me or anyone has had a similar condition. I have more fuel filters on order and it is really no big deal to change one.

Thanks,
Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote