Clipper 17'BH. Luxury Break Down - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
jncrowe12

Default Clipper 17'BH. Luxury Break Down

What a pity that luxury rv's also breaks down and pretty often. I have just bought a brand new 2016 Clipper 17BH from local rv center. I expected a few issues... but not what I found inside the walls. Let me start here. There were screws missing throughout the camper, mostly along the baseboards and door. Most were found under the sink rolling on the floor. No big deal... I put them back in. The screen door does not seal along the top of the doorway. Looks like a design flaw, resulting from where the screen frame is formed into shape. I can live with that. The electric went out on it and when I pulled the fuses out to check them, I dropped one inside the fuse box. I had to pull the fuse box door off to retrieve the fuse. When I did, I saw that 2 of the neutral wires were not screwed into the bar. Again, no big deal... I tightened it.

When I checked the outside shower, there was only hot water. I didn't want to tear into that, so I called my sales person. He mentioned that another customer had the same issue & I should look for a kinked line. Sure enough, after I pulled the exterior shower faucet out, there was a kinked line. I also found that one of the PEX elbows was leaking and water was dripping from underneath the camper. NOT GOOD. It gets better. When I looked into the shower area cavity, I see where NO EFFORT was made to cut a hole for the wires where the trailers lights breach the wall of the camper. It was simply busted through as though a hammer was used instead of a hole saw. Embarrassing.

All of this is documented in photos. I have had the trailer about 2 weeks and am about to go on its first real trip this Friday. I am new to the camping trailer experience and I shudder to think of what other shortcuts were made in its construction. We are not currently satisfied with the product and I don't know what can be done to fix the interior wall. I am expecting a service call from the dealer, and contact has been made to Coachmen via their website. More to come I am sure.

jncrowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #2
rheavn

"luxury rv's also breaks down and pretty often"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	awjeez.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	4713