Clock LED fix - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2006, 04:34 AM   #1
ttikalsky

Default Clock LED fix

My digital LED clocks all work but some of the LED's are not working. Anyone fixed these?

Troy
1986 Newell 40'

ttikalsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
fulltiming

It has been a long time since you posted this question and no one has responded. I believe Newell told me that replacement units are not available. In that case, my suggestion would be to remove the unit and take it to an electronics repair shop and see if they might be able to repair the unit. If bad solder joints or broken wires are causing the problem it is fixable. If the LED units are actually failing, it is doubtful that replacement LED units would be available. You might also look around for a similar sized clock and see if you can just replace the entire unit. Of course it would not say Newell on it.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
ttikalsky

I removed the board and brought to a TV repair service, they resoldered some lose connections and tested but the LED lights are actually not working. I contacted PMMI, name on my board, and they are now selling a replacement unit without the indoor/outdoor temperature feature. It is slightly smaller in size and retails for $125. When I spoke to PMMI they are considering building the units with the indoor/outdoor temp features and they may be available summer 2007, pricing in the $300+ range. The TV service tech pointed out the piece that he thought was causing the problems, a 'black box' component the contains the LED lights. I am going to try a CB/Short wave radio repair facility and hopefully find someone who can replace the bad component.

Troy Tikalsky
1986 Newell WB40 DD8V92
Old 12-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #4
Newell Nut

Troy, let us know how you make out with your clock repair. I too have a digital flush mount alarm clock in the bedroom area that has been out for about a year now and I couldn't really find much out about repair or replacement. Mine looks like it has a burnt area around some type of resister or something. I was thinking abour trying Radio Shack and matching up the little part and either trying to replace it myself or take it somewhere?
Old 12-08-2006, 02:17 AM   #5
JohnC

The Newell parts department has a few older model Newell PMMI clocks still in stock.

Also, please email me at 'Johnc@newellcoach.com' the dimensions of your clock (face plate and clock mechanism) and the clocks features. Newell Coach has used a number of clock styles over the years, and we are presently discussing with PMMI, the possibility of building a universal fit, classic style Newell clock.

John
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:24 AM   #6
ttikalsky

Thanks John, I talked to PMMI and they mentioned making replacements for my clock/indoor/outdoor temperature unit. Unfortunatly they quoted me a price of $300+ and I'm not willing to pay that for a clock!

Troy
Old 02-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #7
Newell Nut

My ex-Newell a friend now owns is still without the functioning digital clock. I guess they were good for about 20 years before most had failed. Not to bad, but with a hole to fill when replacing the thing makes it an interesting task. I have found other possible replacements but nothing that works at filling the void as the original.

My old dimension were 4"H x 6"W

I have some old pics I will have to post here sometime, and maybe might help for someone making comparisons. Mine too was made by PMMI but says "Time" on it.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #8
fulltiming

PMMI still mades and sells a clock that is generic that should be about the right size. Instead of saying Time and having the Newell logo, it says Alarm Clock and has no logo. Click here for details. Don't know the price but $200-300 would not surprise me.

You might be able to find a digital clock display at an electronics store and mount it on a piece of smoked or black plexiglass cut to the size to fill the hole and save hundreds of dollars.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:49 PM   #9
txokhick

Mustang, OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttikalsky View Post
My digital LED clocks all work but some of the LED's are not working. Anyone fixed these?

Troy
1986 Newell 40'
Dear Troy, did you ever get your clock repaired? If not, I'd be interested in helping you with it. As it is, I need old clocks to build up a history since PMI is not very helpful. I have managed to repair the clock in our 1991 Newell # 277. Thanks! danny
txokhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #10
txokhick

Mustang, OK
Default clocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newell Nut View Post
Troy, let us know how you make out with your clock repair. I too have a digital flush mount alarm clock in the bedroom area that has been out for about a year now and I couldn't really find much out about repair or replacement. Mine looks like it has a burnt area around some type of resister or something. I was thinking abour trying Radio Shack and matching up the little part and either trying to replace it myself or take it somewhere?
Dear Newell Nut, I need old PMMI clocke to repair and build a database on since PMMI is not helpful. Any information or old units would be appreciated. Thanks! Danny Newell #277 from 1991
Old 03-28-2018, 05:56 PM   #11
txokhick

Mustang, OK

I need information and/or old PMMI clocks. Please advise. Danny 1991 Newell #277