Battery Equalizers ????? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #1
azroper

Default Battery Equalizers ?????

Hi everyone. My wife and I have a 1986 Newell, 3 axle, 8V92.....102 wide. We are the second owners, got it from Original owners grandson who inherited it and abused hell out of it, guess that makes us 3rd owners, tho title was still in their name.. We have been fixing and using and enjoying it for several years. Am presently trying to cure battery issues. We have a 10 battery set up. 4 on each side of engine and 2 in small compartment on passenger side , just ahead of engine compartment. When we got the bus, it had two Vanner 66-60 Battery Equalizers in that small compartment. The LED power light has never come on on either, to my knowledge. Though research on Vanners site, Ive learned that these are NON-serviceable. Can be damaged thru over discharge of batteries. Before I replace these, Id like to know if others have any experience with this problem ? And is there a better way ?

Ive had an ongoing problem with batteries going dead if the coach sets a few days. I can shut everything off, and they still go down. The only way to be able to start the motor after setting any length of time is to turn all three of the disconnect switches off on the battery banks.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly welcome. Thanks.

azroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Dmatz

How old are the batteries? If you disconnect the cables and measure the voltage and they are all not within a .1 volts of each other it will not be possible to charge them properly. If you have a bad battery it will bring the rest of them down as well. If the batteries have been complexly discharged they have been damaged. If you need to replace you really need to do them as a complete set or they will not balance properly. I do not know the testing procedure for you balancers. I would guess you have a bad battery or several.

Shelter Island NY
Dmatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:28 AM   #3
azroper

all batteries changed at same time. all test good. Interested to know if anyone else has the Vanner equalizers, or if this is something the previous owners added. HELP ???
azroper is offline   Reply With Quote