Entertainment Upgrade Complete - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
RussWhite

Default Entertainment Upgrade Complete

Just a short post to describe my upgrade. I enjoy listening to music and watching some sports. I wanted the music system to be very flexible, top notch sound, and the TV HD and big. I also wanted music outside with total control without running back up the sprial steps :-)

I was in good shape with the TV as it was a new HD Plasma with HDMI installed by Newell in '04. Most everything else needed upgraded.

The new amplifier/receiver is efficient, powerful, and bluetooth capable. Connections are simple with just three HDMI cables - Out, In from DirecTV and In from Blu-Ray DVD. There is a provision for an IN from my PC when I stream movies that way. Speakers are 5.1 surround sound with the sub-woofer in the space behind the TV. Outdoor speakers are Bose and easily unplugged and stowed for traveling.

Music is provided by a 15,000,000 song library maintainted by Spotify. If you want a Spotify invite just let me know. My Playlists are maintained by them and available in the cloud and wherever I login. I pay $10/month for the ability to have the system run on my smart android phone and to have access to 33,333 songs offline in the event I have no WIFI or phone network coverage.

Now the cool part - I wanted control of all this from my phone. I did it and here is how it works. Spotify is loaded on my PC and it integrated my existing playlists and songs from iTunes - an owned library of about 35,000 songs. I added a BlueTooth adapter to the amplifier and easily established a wireless connection between the PC and the amplifier. The last piece was an android app called Spotimote. It loads on both the phone and the PC and is free. I have WIFI and a router and use Verizon MIFI 2200 for net access anywhere I am. I added a small WIFI booster so I have very strong WIFI even outside the coach. I put the phone on WIFI and launch Spotimote and it fires up the server on the PC which connects with the amplifier wireless and I can totally control the system from my phone. Any song, any volume. You walk up to my campsite and "name that tune" and I'll play it for you without leaving my chair :-)

RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
encantotom

hi russ, it sounds awesome.....

glad there are geeks out there as strange as me for this kinda stuff.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
HoosierDaddy

Sounds GREAT Russ... I have been considering some upgrades for my coach... Does anybody have experience with "sling box" that allows you to access the Dish Network reciever at home with your cell phone. I'm told we can watch whatever we have on our home reciever with that little "sling box" as long as we have good cell service.
1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #4
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Russ,
if you dont mind to ask you, what size Plasma did you fit in the front area of your coach! I am trying to fit 42' but have only 34" wide room, are there any modifications can be done ! I have two doors on each side in the way to get aditional 4"

Best,
Les
Newell 2001
leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
RussWhite

Les,
See attached photo. TV is Pioneer Elite Model PRO-810HD/KUCXC/1 - measures 43"on the diagonal. All the credit for the install belongs to Newell on this one. They redid the entire front end in '04 or '05. The TV unlatches and swings up toward the ceiling on gas powered struts. This reveals lots of room behind for the subwoofer, all the RF remote controls, and wiring which I have reduced to just a few HDMI cables. The receiver/amp has been upgraded, but the TV remains the same and has the most incredible picture in HD Hope this helps. Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1999 Newell 001.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1167  
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote