The Razer bug has bit! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
Neweller

Default The Razer bug has bit!

The dealer enticed be to come down and look at his end of the year inventory, so I did yesterday. I'm thinking the RZR XP900 would be pretty cool. The new 2013 RZR 570 EPS in Gloss Black was pretty sweet too. Now the '13 570 would actually be $2000 less than a '12 XP900. I know a couple of you have these. Hauling inside a pickup would probably be the ticket it sounds behind a Newell. What about an open flatbed trailer hauled sideways with a smaller car too?

If you own one, what size RZR do you prefer and why? Do you think the 570 would have enough power? hmmm??????

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

A few years ago I purchased one of the original Polaris RZR. Traveling, so I cannot give your the model number. I think the engine is not as strong as their newer models, but I have used it several time at the Imperial Sand Dumes boarding Arizona and California. It can climb the highest dunes with two persons with no shortage of power. Hope this helps.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Neweller

Thanks Chester for your thoughts. I used to have the tendency go after whatever was the bigger engine. And after being busted up a few times and getting a tad older I need to slow it down a some. And I prefer anything that has roll over protection.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
smagown

I'm looking at them too. Ron Skeen came thru last week and had his in his pickup. The 800 fits but the 900 or S is too wide. Summersgal also carries their RZR in their towed. They all just returned from CO in their Newells w/RZR's.
Thanks,
97 #458 w/3 roof airs, 07 997 GT3, 62 Vette,67 SS427 Chevelle, 02 Boxter, 74 GMC mtr hm, 88 Mastercraft 190 Prostar, 86 Ski Nautique 2000, 02 Baja Islander 212
smagown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
Neweller

How about hauling on a trailer like one of these. I don't think it would be too long and if the heights were OK it could be a possibility.
Attached Images

-Bob Marley
Old 08-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
speedingsport

Oh that's SWEET! I'd love to have a set up like that! I'm considering a RZR too.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #7
Ron Skeen

The best way to go is carry your 800 RZR (50 Inch) in your pick-up. I am working on a set up to carry the RZR on the back of the M/C and pull the Pick-up with a 1800 Goldwing and K1200 S BMW in the towed 1500 4x4 Dodge truck. I carry a can am outlander 1000 on the back of the coach now with no trouble, but the RZR is a 8 inches wided and 18 inches longer. I will modify the carry ramp which I have now to accommodate the RZR. This is my first year with the RZR after riding dirt bike and ATV for the last 40+ years and I will probably never go back to them. If I can be of help let me know.
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #8
Neweller

Ron, can you post a pic of the set up your talking about. I have been looking the 1500 Ram's and currently have my Ram 3500 dually for sale since I don't have a good enough use for it any longer. Or you can email the pics and I'll upload them for you. I like those k1200's too, there cool. I'm weighing options out on different scenarios and when your trying to accomplish this type of knitty gritty it can get interesting.

Ken

-Bob Marley
Old 08-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
folivier

Ron, does your 1500 4x4 drive ok with the weight of the RZR in the back?
Thinking of doing the same and not sure if a 1500, or 1500HD or 2500 would be best.
Thanks.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
Ron Skeen

I have lower my 1500 2" and installed ride rite air bags with pump. This was all bought at Summit Racing. I can email picture but don't know how to post. My wife did not like the ride height of the 4x4 stock suspension. We are country but don't like trucks you have to climb up to get in. I have a 99 4x4 Dakota I have set up the same way that haul two bike or ATV.
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Old 08-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
Summersgal

We own a 2011 RZR 800, and haul it in the bed of a 2001 Dodge 1500 short bed. As mentioned above, the RZR 800S and the RZR 900 are to wide to fit in the bed. I am not sure of all the benefits of the RZR 570, it has the exact dimensions and is the same weight of the 800 with a smaller engine. The 800 does not have so much power that you would have to be concerned, and it has the same safety features of the 570. The 800 and the 570 both weigh in at 1000#. The 800 is quite a load in the back of the dodge, we have hauled it in the truck and towed behind the Newell for over 6000 miles now with no problem. Driving the truck with the RZR loaded is not a problem but the front of the truck does sit pretty high and the steering is light. Most of the weight of the RZR (800 or 570) is located low in the back, right over the rear wheels. With the RZR loaded as far forward in the truck, the rear wheels are sitting on the tailgate. This leaves the only thing supporting most of the weight is the two tailgate support cables. I was not comfortable with this and designed a support post and pad that comes up from the receiver and supports the tailgate. I am looking at purchasing a Dodge 4x4 long bed, this would allow me to tow the truck without disengaging the drive shaft (flat tow-able) and the RZR fit inside the bed with out sitting on the tailgate. We both really enjoy the RZR and would never consider going back to 4-wheelers. We had a wonderful time with Ron Skeen in Colorado a month ago, we both hauled the RZR's to the trail-heads and road all day and then loaded them up and went back to the rigs in the evenings with no issues. If you have not met Ron, it should be on the top of your bucket list. We feel very fortunate to have met Ron and look forward to a long and rewarding friendship. We rode the RZR 360 miles with Ron and then another 600 miles in Marysvale Utah staying at the South 40 RV park. This was a wonderful park and we will definitely be going back, you can ride right out of your sight and hit over 2000 miles of trails.

Jeff
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
Neweller

Forrest, I believe the Ram 1500 would be plenty good enough. The standard payload is right at 1909lbs and if the razors weigh in around 1000lbs depending on model and how equipped, that should be sufficient I would think. Another way I was thinking of going on my '11 Ram 3500 Mega Cab if I kept it was to put a nice looking aluminum bed on it to gain on the width and maybe cheat a little on the length. I have seen this done on the 1500 as well and I think a guy gains a little additional payload along with more hauling space. I have some pics I could share on those ideas.

Ken

-Bob Marley
Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #13
The Newell

Hi,

for reference I thought I would post a comparable Ford 150 CC V8 has a payload of 1660LBS and the Chevy CC V8 1937LBS Keep in mind these specs are for 2012 model trucks.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #14
folivier

If we do this it'll be either the Chevy or Dodge 4x4 so we can tow it easily. I'm not sure if the Ford's can be towed?
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
Neweller

I have this link for some comparisons of RZR line up: RZR Sport Side by Sides: Polaris Side by Side ATVs

-Bob Marley
Old 08-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #16
Neweller

Here's a sick little pup! Who want's one? Name:  orv_secondary_2013_pure_accessorized_rzr.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  33.8 KB

-Bob Marley
Old 08-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #17
Ron Skeen

Rode here this summer in Moab.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5162.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2690
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Old 08-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #18
Neweller

Now that's what I'm talking about. Goooooooooo Ronnnnnnnnnnnn! Getting crazy! Nothing like a little summer blood boil!

-Bob Marley
Old 08-31-2012, 04:10 AM   #19
Gone Busing

Man you make that look fun. Wife knew I was even looking at another toy, I'd be in the dog house. Got to get that coach replacement first,. I could use some swear words to express myself but I won't.

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #20
Neweller

Thanks for the nice insight. I'll probably go with something around the size of the RZR 800. I was going to buy a RZR 800 a couple years ago from Hymark Motorsports in CO, they offered me a pretty screaming deal, but timing wasn't right. It's been a while since I've done anything fun like this, its time to just do it! Mama says as long as it has a cage I've got the green light. I used to own sand rails and after my last one got stolen out in Oregon quite a few years ago, I was invited by a friend to go play on his tricked out 3-wheelers at the Oregon Dunes. To make a long story short, I got stupid landed down in a hole with the thing on top of me cracking several ribs, injured my back, broke my sternum and seriously out of commission for quite a while. A few years later I bought quads and had a lot of fun with them. It's just when man meets machine the animal magnetism comes out. I'm sure some can relate to that. I always thought if it was jump-able, I needed to try. After enough injuries I think I've learned my lesson. It is important to have a good suspension.

Ken

-Bob Marley