Picture on back of my Newell Coach - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
cdat

Default Picture on back of my Newell Coach

Pic of the back of our new to us 91. Has a signature? Stahr? Not sure what the significance of this is. Not a great picture, will update when the weather gets better and I can get a better pic.
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0049.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	3239  

cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
NewellCrazy

Hi John,

Nice picture, Starh is the name of company that performed your paint work if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.stahrdesign.com

http://www.stahrdesign.com/portfolio/sample/188

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
NEWELLWIZARD

John nice coach. I would guess the fellow who originally had the work done was a farmer to have something like that painted on the back.
NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
ccjohnson

John,
looks like you need a big heated garage up there in Idaho to work on your coach in comfort! Snow in pic looks really cold!!!
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
cdat

It's actually warmed up, we've been up too 36 two days in a row!! Might have to break out the beach towels and suntan lotion tomorrow, NOT!! Not sure if he was a farmer or hunter, in the pic the harvester is stirring up several pheasants.
John
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
1993Newell

Now that John has his coach he can become a snow bird.

Great photo!

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #7
1993Newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdat View Post
It's actually warmed up, we've been up too 36 two days in a row!! Might have to break out the beach towels and suntan lotion tomorrow, NOT!! Not sure if he was a farmer or hunter, in the pic the harvester is stirring up several pheasants.
John

I'd guess he was both. I've known a lot of farmers that were hunters, or rather hunters that were farmers.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
Neweller

John, those coach pics look much better than the ones the CU shared. You will stir up some good conversation along your paths of travel. You will be able to tell all kinds of farming tales. I would have to assume the original owner was a big time farmer and made plenty of dollars to pay down that dandy Newell so that you could enhance your retirement. Now, did I read somewhere that you retired from the Army?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #9
cdat

I am US Army retired, only farming tales I'll be able to tell are getting veggies from a roadside stand. I'm in a big hurry to get the coach washed, waxed, and rims polished. I'm thinking it's going to shine up really well.
Thanks for all the nice comments.

John
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #10
cdat

Spotted a 91 Newell for sale in IA this am while looking for info on Newells, same exact paint scheme on the outside, same exact painting on the back. Not that it matters too us, but, I always thought that Newels were "one of a kind" as far as being custom ordered. Kind of surprised too find an exact duplicate on the rear paint.

John
Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
MrE

Either two people ordered identically painted coaches, or the 91 Newell for sale in IA is a scam. Have you called on the ad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdat View Post
Spotted a 91 Newell for sale in IA this am while looking for info on Newells, same exact paint scheme on the outside, same exact painting on the back. Not that it matters too us, but, I always thought that Newels were "one of a kind" as far as being custom ordered. Kind of surprised too find an exact duplicate on the rear paint.

John
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
Neweller

First John, I would like to thank you for all your years of service to this country and hope this Newell is always a great coach for you and Patti, as you deserved a great bargain.

Answering your question in my opinion with regards to seeing a duplicate paint scheme, is down right interesting. I'm thinking of maybe a couple possibilities here, with one being the previous owner of your coach owned more than one Newell and needed it for his large farming family and wanted the same mural done again, or somebody that was a downright an admirer of your lovely coach and had to have the same.

Technically no two Newell Coaches are the same. You will find many similar appealing options, traits, colors, interiors, layouts and on and on.......but if you were to sit any two next to one another, there would be quite a few differences between them. They will all resemble a Newell, that is for sure just like a Prevost has all of its distinguishing characteristics.

In some ways no coach is fully custom if comparing to a ground up design and the builder makes every exacting detail his own or his customers, like is common in a custom home. Andrew French (french45) can attest to what I'm saying here since his family builds custom homes in Oklahoma. On average, a Newell Coach is more comparable to a semi-custom home. Where you can choose from a selection of plans so to speak, modify them where the average person would never recognize the home anywhere else.

There will be many standardized features and equipment, but even that can be changed, it is all about what you want to spend. Right now I would say new Newell's are listing out between $1.6 million and $2.2 million and could go higher if you want to ad or take away even more to the design.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 01-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
Neweller

I have to laugh at myself sometimes around here or I'm still foggy brained after reading John's post not realizing it was an ad or something. I almost always just wing my post out of my head and typing so fast I make a $hit load of errors trying to knock out help. So, if I ever sound like I'm drunk or something, it's usually that I'm rambling something off in a hurry. Good thing you can go back and correct your errors.

If it's in a current ad, it could be as what Jon (MrE) stated or if it's an older ad, it could be the guy whom previously owned it trying to sell it. Tell us where the ad is? We always like to make folks aware of a selling scam, which is done a lot off Craigslist and so on. Any of the ad sites we support around here, a person cannot really get away with a deliberate scam since we trap or store IP addresses and if it doesn't jive, it doesn't get approved.

-Bob Marley
Old 01-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
cdat

This is a link to the add, Used 1991 Newell Coach For Sale at One Stop Motors - 1991 Newell Coach : Great Deal on this Preowned 1991 Newell Coach for Sale at OneStopMotors
No I have not called, noticed it this am, when I was still asleep. The coach interior is similar, only in that it has the same carpet and curtains, but other than that kitchen and living room layout is opposite of ours. As I said, I'm surprised but not a big deal, outside paint scheme and rear pic appear to be identical. Let me know if you decide it's a scam, I'll be more than glad to participate in whatever it takes to put an end to it.
Appreciate the kind words Neweller, honestly, I consider myself very lucky for the people I met, worked with, and the experiences I got to participate in, (for the most part).
Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
cdat

I'm calling the local cops, the VIN advertised is identical to ours, thanks for pointing out the possibility of a scam.

John
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
MrE

John, looking at the ad I would have to say they're trying to sell your coach. The kitchen and living room layout can easily be changed in any photo editing software by flipping the image. According to the VIN in the ad (1N9409K87M1011255), it's coach #255 also, and the picture in the barn is very similar to NewellShowcase.com Newell Coach Photo Gallery, Newell Coach Photo Showcase, Newell Motorhome Photos, Newell RV Photos, Newell Photo Gallery - 1991 Newell Coach Album 7/image.
The good news is they're asking $64,900 so you'll make a tidy profit.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
Neweller

I have a feeling it was one of those ad company's out of Las Vegas that will call you on your Craigslist or Trader ad wanting to list your vehicle for you. They will give you a spill about how they have a prospective buyer or buyers to get you to agree to letting them help market it. They will usually run it across multiple online ad networks hoping to help you sell it and obtain their share of the commission. It's also done on machinery and equipment all the time. I have had the same company's contact me on misc. items I was trying to sell from vehicle's to skidsteers.

Just call the 800 number and see if its still available. I bet they will call you back and say it is already sold. They were probably trying to push it for the guy in Idaho and they are showing Iowa. I've seen this many times. They will show different states from where the item is as to where they are physically talking to you from. You will see a coach that the seller has advertised for $30,000 and then see it on a bunch of sites for $79,000. We could start listing these sites out if it helps others.

-Bob Marley
Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #18
Neweller

Jon, those pictures are where the unit was stored up in Northern Idaho and the shop it was stored inside of prior to the credit union acquiring it back. That was the nice holdout position for it, until it was ready for John.

A person will inquire on different ads like this thinking the item is located in a particular state, maybe even close by. Almost always after you get a response from one these selling assistance organizations, the physical item is located in another state then it appears.

Also, some of these organizations are owned by finance companies or their affiliates hoping to profit from the lead. It's probably all fine and dandy if it's handled professionally and everyone gets what they are bargaining for.

-Bob Marley
Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #19
ccjohnson

Depending on web site it may have been a scammer using your coach to get cash from some poor unsuspecting soul. We found a Prevost advertised that was too good to be true when we were looking for our coach. Great pics but he wanted cash put up in escrow & would ship coach to us. Turns out escrow was just off shore bank acct. I guess it works but don't know how anyone could part with cash so easily.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #20
Wheeler

John and Patti what a great painting on the back of your coach. Do you plan on keeping it or having it painted over?

Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote