Insurance on Land with Shop Structure - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 03:52 AM   #1
GringoPhil

Default Insurance on Land with Shop Structure

I have some property and have built a shop to park my newell in when I am not out seeing our beautiful country. I have set it up with everything I need and use it for storage of our personal goods from our house in a separate area that is climate controlled. It is a 40 X 80 building and when I started counting up the value of all the things that sit there I decided it was time to get some kind of insurance in case of storms, theft, etc. I read a while back that insurance companies don't like to insure a structure if you aren't living there full time. Do some companies insure this type structure? It could actually be considered a farm in a rural area if that would help. Any advice appreciated as I know little about insurance.

Phil

Old 03-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
The Newell

You have to find a company that will issue you a seasonal home policy. The cost is usually higher than a regular policy.

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Archie T. Hogan

Best bet is to call your agent. Insurance coverage amounts varies all over the place state to state and even county to county.

That said, yes out buildings can be insured. And you don't have to show that you are living in them atleast to my knowledge.

Archie

Full Timing( Already Started)
Archie T. Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
GringoPhil

Thank you I will give them a call.

Phil
Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
BMG Coach

Best advise. Read the exclusions in your policy and it will tell you what is not covered (on a all risk policy). Items that are covered will be listed (on a named perils policy).
BMG Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
NewellCrazy

Keep in mind Insurance companies are not in business to pay claims. They are in business to make money.

Be upfront with them when getting insurance so that you ARE covered if needed. Don't give them the opportunity to deny your claim.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote