Ice Maker - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
cdat

Default Ice Maker

As I begin my quest to learn all about my new to us 91 Newell, I have many, many questions. Our intent is too make no real changes to the coach until we have used it for about a year or so, figuring that things were done for a reason, and it would be best to go slow at the beginning.
So, with that in mind, the built in ice maker, can you turn the water off too it?, if so, can you utilize the existing ice maker as simply a small interior freezer? Not trying to appear stupid, just looking for different options.

Thanks

John

cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
MrE

Not a stupid question at all. If the coach was winterized properly your water to the ice maker is already turned off. All you have to do is turn the ice maker on and you have your small interior freezer. BTW, the water valve for the ice maker should be accessible via the removable cover underneath the door to your small interior freezer.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote