Has NewellClassic Helped you? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Neweller

Default Has NewellClassic Helped you?

Hi all Newell Coach owners; past, present and future!

NewellClassic.com would love to here from you, regarding our help in your decision in the ownership of a Newell Coach?

Please post here on this thread with a little input as to why, when, where and how you have chosen to become a Newell Coach owner?

It would really help us here at NewellClassic.com understand our importance and benefit to the owners of Newell's.

Some helpful thoughts to share are as follows:

Was this forum helpful to you in making the decision to buy a Newell or keep it longer?

Did you buy your Newell after reviewing the information shared here?

Did you buy your Newell from our classifieds?

Did you buy your Newell, or are you going to buy a new or used Newell from the Newell Coach factory thanks to information on this site?

So, Please let us know! And, thank you all so very much for your patronage,

From everyone helping in the NewellClassic.com Admin

Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
zcasa

This website is very valuable to us Coach #303. We purchased our Newell 8/05 and didn't know of this website. We did refer to the Newell Factory website under tech support before it migrated to this site. We have benefitted significantly from the many experts that share this forum. We have posted several times and have received expert advice and solutions to our questions. In this economy, and watching on a regular basis challenges with the stock market and investments in general, we try and do most of any work ourselves. This site factors into our ability to continue to own our Coach and to enjoy it very much. We would have to determine if we could pay third parties to work on our Coach for the minor issues that we run into during these tough times. So, in short, yes, this site is invaluable to us to continue to enjoy our Coach for the many experiences that we still want to have with it. Thank you very very much for making this available to us.

David and Denise

zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
chockwald

I found my 1982 Newell on Craigslist of all places. I had never heard of Newell prior to inspecting my coach for the first time in February of last year. After seeing the coach I started doing research on Newell and found this website. I registered, and introduced myself, and received many responses from owners. As a result of the many friendly and encouraging responses, and the wonderful condition of the coach I made the decision to purchase my coach. We had looked at a lot of Class A coaches, and were amazed at the quality of workmanship, and components in Newells. Interestingly I didn't feel as if I were doing this on my own. Since our purchase we have made several new Newell friends (Michael and Georgia Day, Tom and Darlene McCloud, Steve and Tricia Ward), and look forward to making many more Newell friends at the mini-rally in Austin, TX later next month.

I have received a lot of technical assistance from this website in making changes, and upgrades to my coach such as replacing the original "battery boiler" converter/charger, tires, weight distribution, cruise control, wood floors, etc.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Richard and Rhonda

The combined technical experience and know how of the forum members is absolutely invaluable. I found the forum after I made the decision that Newell was my next coach, and before I actually purchased. It did help me with a few watchouts. I found the ad for my Newell in the FMCA magazine of all places.

It is obvious that we enjoy a great group that really contributes factual and accurate information. We are blessed that our members keep it on the up and up, I don't recall any flaming, phishing, or personal crusades on this forum.

Needless to say it is my favorite site.

Thank you so much for all the hard work that you have put into making this a success. Michael knows a little about you, but I for one, would be interested in hearing about your coach, and also about how the forum started.

Thanks again.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:48 AM   #5
encantotom

Darlene and I bought our coach in june of 2007. I had been looking at Bluebirds and prevosts and a friend told me about newells. i used this site to get questions answered before i bought ours and i appreciated the help.

i use the site a ton and try to be a benefit to others by posting my adventures. i pretty much did a total interior upgrade and have been going through the major systems one at a time and upgrading and updating them as well.

i have made many new friends on this site and have gotten together with a number of them and have great friendships with them.

this site is a must to save a ton of time for keeping our older coaches going. i volunteered last year to help moderate on the site and will do again this year if allowed as i encourage others to do as well.

thanks for asking

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #6
fulltiming

Georgia and I were looking at high end coaches: Prevost, Newell and Wanderlodges. We both admired the interior layouts and styling of the Newell. When we found one that had a built in desk, abundant storage and the Newell quality construction we were hooked. We have had our Newell for over 3 years and couldn't be happier with the choice we made.

We found this site after we negotiated the deal on our Newell but before we picked it up. As this site has grown, with more and more folks adding their experiences and their knowledge, it has become more and more valuable. I learn from most of the posts. The exchange of issues and solutions has been extremely beneficial. Additionally, I have found that all the Newell owners I have met have been great folks. With only about 1300 Newells having been built, we are members of a select group of individuals who share the desire to travel, and in some cases, live, in these wonderful machines. I have gained some wonderful friends as a direct result of this site. I have also developed a friendship with several of the employees of Newell. You do truly become members of a large family.

Thanks for all of your hard work in putting together this site, maintaining, improving and growing this site. It is a valuable asset to all of us.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
Stick Miller

Default Thanks for the posts

There is a wealth of information and commaraderie on this site. I do not even own a pop-up camper, but someday I plan to own a high end Bluebird, Prevost or (most likely) a Newell. My wife is not as interested as I am and I've already embarassed myself by asking for additional pictures and information, only to find that she is not ready. I will tell you that she appreciates the simplicity (mostly of decoration) of Newell. Some of the others we've looked at look like brothels.

It just seems to me that this is a buyer's market and there is no time like the present. We'll wait until just the right time, but in the meantime thank you - everyone who posts and gives out information. We'll be there one day. This site is the real deal! Thank you Ken and gang!

Stick Miller
Americus, Georgia
Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
chockwald

Tom or someone in admin, how do we donate? I don't see a link for that option. We would like to donate, also.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 04-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #9
Neweller

Would like to thank those who have jumped on this post providing great answers and appreciation for the NewellClassic.com website.

Richard & Rhonda, you can click on this link and it will give you a brief summary of how this site originally started. http://www.newellclassic.com/aboutus.htm . I have decided to participate more on a personal level and will do up a profile. I am looking to sell my current coach and upgrade to a more usable layout and add some bells & whistles.

In regards to those interested in donations, we will be glad to add a link to the site. We tried it in the past, in which Michael Day and Tom pitched in. We would like to thank them both again, they are true Newell Guru's. We would greatly appreciate any forum members who want to contribute. Everything we ever receive from anyone on this site will go directly to improve, maintain and promote it.

Ken
ncadmin
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #10
chockwald

If you could add a PayPal link, or something of that sort it would make it easy for us to donate. This site is invaluable to us.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 04-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #11
prarieschooner

I have found this forum to be a valuable resource with the repair of our 1982 38' Newell. There are numerous experienced owners who are willing to share their knowledge and thanks to this platform it is possible. We have met some wonderful people through this forum.
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #12
Newell Tank

Thumbs up

First let me thank whomever runs and maintains this forum site. My brother and I both own Newell motorhomes and I bought my first Newell after finding this forum via another forum that had newell classic listed in its links. After I was hooked on a newell thanks to all the valuable information shared here, my brother did his due-diligence through the site and bought a very nice coach from Pat Dyer over at Newell Coach a little over a year ago.

So, you all have helped bring two souls into the fantastic Newell family. I don't get a chance to come on here and I'm not a big poster but thought it would be appropriate to give my testimony.

When I'm not flying high, I like to be down low in my Tank. Newell Tank that is!
Newell Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #13
RoyG

I have been looking at Newells over the past year and hopefully will make a deal on one here soon. I will only be able to use one during August or else I will wait it out longer. I don't retire for another three years. Thanks to the site here that I even discovered the Newell. I remember seeing a Newell over the years but never really realized they were a factory built coach and now I do.

Roy
RoyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:51 AM   #14
zcasa

Hey Roy:

Welcome. My wife and I purchased our Newell three years before I retired. It was our first motorcoach of any kind, and it did take us quite a bit of part time usage, to learn many of the systems and operation of the Newell. Ours is a 1992 with 97,000 miles when we bought it. It now has 107,000 miles and has been a wonderful coach to own and appreciate. We are getting ready for the Austin rally now and we will chase the colors from Maine to Florida this fall. We purchased the Newell for its quality and workmanship and toured the factory in OK. We have met the owners and the service personnel and have been very pleased with our choice of motorcoaches. Now is certainly a good time to buy and you will have three years to get up to speed with your coach and you will never look back. It has been and is great fun and friendship in the Newell family. Best wishes on your choice moving forward.

David and Denise
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #15
FrankieO

My wife and I are new members here, even though we have frequented this website for many months now. After much study thus far on the Newell, we have concluded it to be our RV of choice as are next coach purchase.

We give props to this website and all its participants. This has to be the Newell Coach Bible to say the least. We really want to say thanks to all here for such great dialog.

Frank and Juanita
God Bless You All!

FrankieO is offline   Reply With Quote