Newell - The final choice - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
greatriver

Default Newell - The final choice

Hi All:

I haven't posted before but I joined some time ago. I didn't have a Newell or a M/H for that matter but my wife and I plan to purchase this summer. For that reason I refrained from posting.

I have been doing months of research into the world of M/H as we plan to full time for at least two years across the country for leisure and to promote some of my writing that is being published. We are not campers but my son and his family are and I admire all that enjoy camping. We want to tour and see this beautiful country from the ground with as many of the comforts of home as possible. We understand living in confined spaces having owned and lived on a twin diesel boat for a time, and I don't mind, in fact I enjoy, pulling on coveralls and doing mechanical work. So I think that part of the full timing lifestyle is covered. At least as well as it can be for a rookie.

As you can imagine we looked at all the usual suspects in the 40' plus DP field. From our research we came up with some absolutes. Bath and a half was first, then all electric, Aqua Hot, king bed and so on. I never really considered Newell...too expensive...out of reach. Then I went to their web site and started looking at pre-owned coaches. All of a sudden it was a no-brainer. They had what I wanted in a five or six year old used coach for what I would spend on one or two year old top of the line factory coach. A surpurb piece of equipment with factory warranty. Sure the milage will be higher because of how most original owners used them but I think that is probably a plus.

To cut this post short we are meeting Pat Dwyer the first of the month in Miami to look over the pre-owned inventory. We are excited at the prospect of owning a Newell.

Thanks to you folks on this forum, and in particular Michael Day, as you have played a part in our decision.

Larry

greatriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
Show 488

Larry, I think you’ve made an excellent decision, it’s not unlike Cruising & Living aboard a Twin Screw Diesel Boat, in the daily things that are required. We live a little over two hrs. from Miami, in Branson, Mo. They are an excellent group of people to work with! I managed to keep one of my two Twin Screw Cruisers over on Table Rock Lake, but since we bought our Newell, it just doesn’t get used very much! Congrats!! I’m sure you’ll find something that you & your family will enjoy at the Factory.

Duanne

Show 488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
fulltiming

Glad you are going to visit the factory Larry. I don't think you will be disappointed. Let us know if there are any questions we might answer.

Say hello to Pat Dwyer from Georgia and I.

Michael
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Richard and Rhonda

Welcome aboard.

Many of us have disassembled various parts of our rigs for repair or remodel. They are well built, and the systems are robust. If you've surfed this site for while, you obviously have noticed that the Newells tend to attract a certain type of person is more concerned with the mechanical design and performane than they are with how many rope lights you can fit in the ceiling. I have found nothing in the design of my coach that would make me consider a different brand IF I ever get another.

Let us know how the visit goes. And of course as you travel around the country you will have to visit us all.

What type of writing?

Yep, Michael sure has cost a lot of people a lot of money
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
greatriver

Thanks for all your nice comments. I guess I'm putting the cart before the horse as I still need to make a deal with Newell. However, assuming we will get over that bridge we are looking forward to meeting all of you around the country and at rallies.

Michael, I'll pass on your greeting to Pat.

Richard, I had to chuckle at your comment about Michael. As far as my writing I'll send that to you by PM.

Thanks again.

Larry
greatriver is offline   Reply With Quote