#136 Newell first time owner. - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles

Old 12-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #11
larryweikart

welcome Bill, you lucky son of a gun! To stumble into a Newell with no knowledge? You should go buy a lottery ticket! You could not have done a better. Enjoy your "new" coach and know that you can get unbelievable help from this forum and the great folks at Newell. Introduce yourself at Sebring, if you have time. Our Newell will be in the Hospitality area as that is our business. Just look for Vanessas Hospitality which is normally located in the paddock about half way down from the bridge. Look forward to meeting you.

1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #12
CarlisleBill

Sounds great Larry ! What is your business ? I saw your signature about a month ago when I first signed on to the forum. I wondered then if you attend any of the Carlisle events. The Corvettes that Lance (my partner) and I will be running in the 12 hour are 2002 ZO6's. I will be running one of my Audi's at Sebring. Not sure which one yet, still doing the prep work for the season on them now.

#136 (986 Blade Show Coach)
Kestrel Mountain Bike
Will usually have a Audi race car in tow !
CarlisleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
Richard and Rhonda

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the late welcome, just rolled into back into town from a 2500 mile round trip circuit in the rig to see the kin folk.

Plenty of folks here willing to help if we can. You will soon discover the Newell irony, many features and design characteristics ran for 10 years or more, and yet no two coaches are alike.

Richard
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle http://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #14
Summersgal

Hi Bill

Welcome to a wonderful site with many helpful people.

Jeff and I just bought ours in Sept and its a 88 and we love it. And kinda of like you, we stumbled upon ours. In fact, had we not been on vacation with family and in their MH we would not have ours. Just thankful that we are now proud owners of a Newell. And members to a great forum that share information and always willing to help others out!

We arrived here in TX today and sitting in Lakeside RV Resort on Lake Livingston till Sunday for a mini vacation!

Pam
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:19 AM   #15
jwe648

Default Check out the Gallery

Hi Bill... I have posted a few pics on the gallery under 74'. It's the striped one with Rocket clearance lights. These were some from when I picked it up... But I'm making a few changes..... It's sorta like an Ole' Shoe... worn but very comfortable!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlisleBill View Post
Jimmy do you have any pics of yours posted ? I really love the look of the 70's and 80's coaches.

I have already learned a lot that I will post and I do have a few questions that I will post soon. Amazingly enough thought it is really in pretty good shape mechanically.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:38 AM   #16
Bill & Sonja

Hello Bill, you've got a lot of fun to look forward to with your Newell, and this site and the folks here add tons to the fun and provide an invaluable resource. I found our 87 on this site in August and by October it was in our yard. The better we get to know the Newell the more we like it and the folks here have made the few concerns and issues we've dealt with easy to handle. Great time ahead!
Bill & Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
Wally Arntzen

Hi Bill,
I have an 88 which is very similar to yours. Have done many repairs, changes and replacements on ours. If you any questions just post them and I and many other members will give you more advice or suggestions than you can handle.
Enjoy your coach like all of the rest of us do and have many happy travels.

1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote