Brand New... Vintage, 1968, Newell Coach owner - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles

Old 06-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
Re-Phil

Location: Striving to live a nomadic lifestyle... But,official residence still Central Florida

Click image for larger version

Name:	715.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	2262Click image for larger version

Name:	719.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	2263Click image for larger version

Name:	722.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	2264Click image for larger version

Name:	728.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	2265Click image for larger version

Name:	729.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	2266Click image for larger version

Name:	797.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	2267
These are pics as how it looks today. Very little change from how it was when I bought it.
So far, I have bought 2 nice Interstate 1,000cca batteries and an assorted pack of fuses. : )
Other than that, just some TLC.

Re-Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
bluesky

Love the vintage exterior look of the '68. If you have the vision, time and budget, go for a full makeover. Check out our '83, it was gutted and totally redone inside and out. We love the comfort, technology and cleanliness of the new interior and the paint gives the coach a modern look. We've actually had people ask if our coach is a new coach that someone tried to make look old. Haha

Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada
1983 Newell Classic
http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=47
1993 SOB
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
Re-Phil

Location: Striving to live a nomadic lifestyle... But,official residence still Central Florida

Hi blue sky,
I just saw your comments & looked up pics of your coach. Thanks for the input. I do like the neat, vintage, exterior look of the '68. And, some of the vintage interior is pretty neat too. But, seeing how your coach looks... that is super nice.! : ) Really. I know you must have put a lot of work & $$s into that. It looks great. I know you've got to be very proud of it.
Im curious, what length is your coach? It looks like you have more space to work with than what I have.
I like the look of the white interior. It looks clean & modern & I'm sure it helps brighten up the interior. How well does it hold up? I'd be affraid of it showing dirt easily.
How do you cover your windows?? From the pics, I did not see any curtains. They look like they are completely open... meaning, free of blinds &/or curtains. It looks great... looks smooth... probably makes the interior space feel even larger. But, curious how that works as for privacy & all.
Thanks for the input. I'm still brand new at this & still no where near decided as to how far, or in which direction, I will take my '68 Newell. But, I am enjoying it already. Just did my 2nd trip n it, in as many weeks. : ) Just short trips to local parks, ... trying to stay close to home ( familiar territory ) while I work out the kinks & learn a bit more.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
bluesky

Our coach is 40' and we have installed pull down blinds on most of the windows for privacy and to keep out the hot sun. They sit up under the valence (?), out of sight. They're accordian-like style, inexpensive and come in a variety of colours. Our windows are also tinted dark for privacy. The white leather is subject to getting dirty, however, we've had a few spills and they really do clean up well. The leather is soft and comfortable. The driver, passenger and couch are all Flexsteel, the same as in the new multi-million $ coaches.The previous owner did all the renos in 2006, so it was their vision. It's nice to have a completely clean and new interior, no odours, hold, smoke ....
Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada
1983 Newell Classic
http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=47
1993 SOB
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
pairodice

wow, this coach makes me want to do this to the 74 Newell we are considering... I wonder if we could put in a slide?
Beautifully done! Love the kitchen!
pairodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
Re-Phil

Rally in Daytona Beach... Anyone from here going??
I have not attended a rally yet, but am considering going to this one. Any suggestions or opinions?
Curious if this is something beneficial for an owner doing a refurbishment, such as myself with my '68 Newell.