PDA

View Full Version : All electric appliances ?

Ground Control
12-28-2005, 02:42 AM
I have looked at some ads of newer Newell's forsale and it seems that most have all electric appliances. Is this a common way they build them now? I have gas in my coach now and if I were to buy a newer Newell I'm wondering if I will be happy going all electric?

rcpgolf53
12-28-2005, 03:13 PM
We had a Monaco Signature before we bought our Newell. We only had to refill the propane once in 4 years. It only needs the propane for the refrigerator and the cook top. To my knowledge all newer newells are all electric but with the battery banks they have you wont know the difference. I actually use the generator less dry camping in the Newell than in the Monaco. We are very happy with the all electric coach.

Bob Packer

tuga
05-10-2007, 10:41 PM
In my 1987 Newell 40' I had a Dometic propane/electric/12V refrigerator. It was nothing but trouble, the refrigerator was the main reason for selling it and buying a 1993 Newell with an Amana side by side electric refrigerator.

Total electric is great!

busnut
10-17-2007, 11:51 PM
We have an Amana side by side. It is a great refrigerator if plugged in and terrible when dry camping. We have over 1200 amp hours of battery and 500 watts of solar. It still requires about 3 hours a day of generator to keep the batteries happy.

I will never again have an all electric coach and we have been rving since 1978.

fulltiming
10-18-2007, 01:06 AM
No question that daily generator usage is mandatory for most all electric coaches. The trade off is a much larger refrigerator with automatic defrost.

On the few occasions that we dry camp our propane/electric refrigerator has been a benefit but I am reminded at least weekly by my wife that we have a 'little' refrigerator and that she doesn't want one of those in our next coach.