PDA

View Full Version : Tank Sensors

Captain Newell
08-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Could someone please explain to me (in detail) just how the level sensors work in the three holding tanks in a RV. I feel that we may have a small problem. What is the best way to flush your black water holding tank? The only way I knew to do was to stick a hose pipe 6 to 8 inches down in the comode and turn it on almost full blast. I would then flush the system out until I would get clear water. The only thing, with little use (liquid only) the indicator would very soon show FULL. Could anyone have any idea what is happening?

James

rcpgolf53
08-25-2006, 05:08 PM
James,

It's likely the sensor is blocked with "stuff" and would need to be replaced. It's located at the base of the tank and you need to have the tank as empty as possible before you take it out. It's not the best sensor in the world because you have to replace it every so often. I bought my coach new 1 1/2 years ago and have replaced it once and it's starting to act up again. Check with Newell Parts and get a replacement. I don't think its too hard to change, just a little messy.

Bob Packer