PDA

View Full Version : Golf?

prarieschooner
03-20-2009, 02:23 AM
I was going through the Bays and found some Golf Clubs and was wondering about the Game.
How many Clubs doe one really need? and what are they?
Steve

tuga
03-20-2009, 03:39 AM
Steve,

As a rule a golfer needs:

Driver - 1 wood
3 wood
Irons - 3 thru 9
Pitching wedge
Sand wedge
Putter

If you are a stickler for the rules the maximum number of clubs permitted in the bag is 14.

Any good golf shop has a "deal" on the full set with bag for around $400.

Four!

encantotom
03-20-2009, 04:07 AM
i have an entirely different viewpoint. i think at most you need one club and that would be entirely for self defense. my dog will chase a golf ball, so i might need a couple of them. i used a golf tee to plug up an extra vacuum line when i replaced my vacuum pump. so having a few of those is quite handy.

i have clubs in my shop and i have never used them....

and thats my opinion and i am sticking to it....

tom

chockwald
03-20-2009, 04:53 AM
I can tell you one club I never want in my bag and that is a #1 iron......I think only God, and Tiger Woods can hit a #1 iron...I sure can't.

prarieschooner
03-21-2009, 01:50 PM
The Club that I use for Self Defense was made by Winchester. I would think that playing Golf with it could be problematic at best, hit the Ball and all that would be left is remnants of plastic and some sort of mystery insides. If Bonnie (one of our two Wheaten Terriers) plays with the Ball, she would most likely leave it in the same condition as my Club. I do like the Idea of using the Tee to Plug a Spare Hose though so I will at least be carrying a few of those in case of a Vacuum Emergency.
I was thinking of the minimum number of Clubs that someone could use to play that game with. After loading up the coach with the necessary equipment and supplies, I am not sure if there is going to much extra room for a myriad of Golf Equipment.

PS How do I get one of those Avitars? You Guys with your Avitars are making me jealous!

fulltiming
03-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Steve & Tricia, if you have a digital camera, it is easy to get an Avatar. Take a photo of your coach, use just about any photo editing software to crop it down to just the coach and reduce the size to no more than 80x80 pixels then save the file as a jpg.

Go to Quick Links, User Control Panel, then click on Edit Avatar on the left side of the screen. Click on Use Custom Avatar and click on the browse button to located the file on your computer. Click on Save Changes and it will appear on your posts.