PDA

View Full Version : New Members

chockwald
06-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Until the most recent new member addition I have been able to click on the user name of the new member and view any information on their profile. When I clicked on RayLove (still showing) I got a message that I do not have rights to access this part of the website. I'm assuming Ken has changed things now so that new members must be approved by him before they can post. The reason I am posting this new thread is I got a personal message from this guy asking if I was the forum administrator, and would I approve his application for membership. Don't know if this is a scam, or not, but hopefully Ken will chime in and update us.

afrench45
06-04-2009, 01:15 AM
speaking of scam, what do you think about that 2003 for 275k? It almost sounded like a scam to me, wanting all your financial information. I emailed the guy, asking about the coach, and he said he had 5 people in front of me. Im not sure what to think, he sent me one picture of the coach, and it is very good looking.

chockwald
06-04-2009, 01:30 AM
He has probably been getting some scammers wasting his time, and is trying to thin the field to serious buyers. It is probably a legitimate deal.

encantotom
06-04-2009, 03:50 AM
i know there is at least one other on this site that is looking at that coach as well.

i am glad that the site admin is screening new members. that will prevent the scammers from getting easy access. we certainly want to get that stopped before it gets to be a real mess. thanks to the admins for taking care of this and making the site better for us.

tom

encantotom
06-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Robert, thanks for explaining what is going on. Looks like someone here will get an amazing deal and we are glad that you offered it here to our Newell Community first.

Tom