PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Road Rules

express1
09-26-2009, 04:28 PM
1) HAVE FUEL (must have to start road trip)

9) HAVE TOLL MONEY READY!! (short story) After 12 hrs on the road heading north east, we decieded to spend the night in a Super Target parking lot in the south side of chicago (got the picture) Connie begins her end of the day cleaning....About 4am I awake to noises so I get ready to roll....Connie continues to sleep.....After about 2 miles on freeway here comes a Toll Booth.....Now I can't find my wallet, because of Connies cleaning....No cash in console,,,,Traffic is building behind me with horns blowing....Surely Connies awaken now, does't remember where my wallet is..........anyway we find it. I give the guy in the toll booth 100 bucks and tell him to pay for the next 4 trucks behind me.....I didn't count the change but there was not much left.......
SO! ROAD RULE #9 --- HAVE TOLL MONEY READY!!!!

Anyone please add to this list!

seeya all,
matt&connie

prairieschooner
09-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Rule #11) Follow Matt and Connie when near Toll Roads.

Wally Arntzen
09-26-2009, 05:08 PM
The best rule is no rules.
If you have a good coach, a good spouse and a lot of duct tape you can do anything and go anywhere you want.

Just let er roll.

chockwald
09-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Rule #2) Make no plans, make it up as you go, or in other words, be flexible. I like to overplan, and have found out the past two years that the fewer plans the more fun the trip is.

Rule #3) Be willing to stay overnight occasionally in Target, Walmart, Cracker Barrel parking lots....it's dark, so who cares about the view? We are fully self contained, right?

express1
09-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Rule #11) Follow Matt and Connie when near Toll Roads.
Steve, I left a prepaid at the booth for you,,,,,,check with "Juan" at the gate....hah!

prairieschooner
09-26-2009, 06:17 PM
not sure what would be easier...finding the Toll Booth.....or finding Juan...

zcasa
09-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Rule whatever: Drive to Port Huron take 401 into Canada and drive for free to upstate NY or VT. Easy driving and great road. No worries. We are in Kingston, ON now and just had a great dinner downtown by river. Wonderful college town. Off to VT tomorrow.

So far, $3.00 in tolls.

tuga
09-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Rule #4 - carry spare parts >>> you're going to need them.

Rule #5 - carry tools to install spare parts

Rule #6 - be happy that you read on NewellClassic.com how to replace the broken parts with the new spare parts.

Thank you Richard, Tom, Michael, Wally, and anyone else who has posted on repairing these beautiful motorcoaches.

And also a big thank you to Newell 24 hour service hot line.

folivier
09-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey Matt, you leave Louisiana and have to pay to drive on roads?
Our roads are not only free they're in great shape! HA!

encantotom
09-28-2009, 03:55 AM
a friend of mine gave me this rule many years ago when we had our 1st coach that we used very much. he gave it to me when i asked if he was ever concerned when he was traveling in his coach and might break down. he said.....

#7 There is nothing a credit card can't fix!

tom