PDA

View Full Version : 93 Newell on ebay

Stick Miller
10-17-2009, 07:24 PM
I feel like I've seen this one before. 1993 No reserve. Seems to have some leaks, etc. but hey, i'm not the expert.

folivier
10-17-2009, 08:19 PM
I guess he's had a few no-shows. This might be yours! Go for it!

Stick Miller
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Looks like this one "sold" on ebay for 69K back in September. Sounds like me...buy high, sell low.

Richard and Rhonda
10-18-2009, 09:30 PM
It's pretty obvious what is going on. Ebay is cheap advertising. He is listing under no reserve to generate some activity, and then shill bidding to the price he will take for it.

Is it deceptive. Yes. Is he the only one. No.

I would have gone out there to do a personal inspection this weekend, but alas the flu bug laid me low. Maybe next weekend.

chockwald
10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Richard, I'm sure you're right on the "shill bidding".

encantotom
10-20-2009, 12:42 AM
i am thinking we should all pool our money and buy it for stick for christmas.

i will put in ten bucks.

in fact, a buying consortium where we all help each other buy stuff sounds great. let me get my list together since i would be next in line after stick to get some things.

tom

chockwald
10-20-2009, 02:21 AM
I'm feeling generous this evening, and I'll put up $20.....maybe that will move me ahead of Tom for next in line for goodies....

Stick Miller
10-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey guys, I'm good with all of the above. I'll even chip in $20 to buy it for me for Christmas!

Seriously, it is a shame that a coach that is priced fairly reasonably (at least within the grasp of most of us) and one that doesn't look half bad, has been tainted by trickery. I'm wary of this type of selling and frankly whatever I buy, a Newell or a Bluebird, unless it is a helluva buy I want to buy a known entity preferably from a forum member.

The longer I look, the "pickier" I get.

By the way, I'm open to discussing an early Christmas delivery if that suits everyone OK.

Stick Miller
10-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I hate to reply to my own post, but apparently no one is biting on Tom's generous offer...and besides, it looks like this thing has vanished off the radar screen. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, the infamous '93 has left the site.

By the way, Clarke I want you to say "Shill Bidding" three times real fast and see what happens.

Oh well, maybe Easter, or there's always my birthday.

chockwald
10-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Stick, that is a real "tongue twister" as my father used to say. You're right, the '93 has vanished off Ebay again.....very, very strange.

GORDON HUMMEL
10-20-2009, 08:47 PM
sold @ $57.1K

folivier
10-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Again? Let's see if it sticks this time.

tuga
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
If it does stick this time (no pun intended) and it is in fact a real sale. This coach will have lost $12,000 in 2 months! The first time it sold on eBAy was for $69,100 and now for $57,100 !!!!

That's a lot of depreciation sports fans! Ouch!

Richard and Rhonda
10-20-2009, 11:35 PM
The auction was over last night. Curiously, it was listed by a different dealer this time, and no longer by the Fun Time RV Outlet in Weatherford. It was listed by a guy in Waxahachie, which is about 30 miles from Weatherford.

I guess since I live the closest that I should expect to deliver Stick's coach to him?

chockwald
10-20-2009, 11:49 PM
That works for me....I'll kick in another $20 to cover a meal on your way!

urfreeman07@gmail.com
10-21-2009, 12:53 AM
I will put $25.00 into the fund. I will put in a couple of free whopper coupons!

I can also go with Richard and ride shotgun to deliver.

folivier
10-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Hey, swing through Louisiana and I'll cook a gumbo!

prairieschooner
10-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Hey you guys, why do you want to donate $$$ to a guy who is also looking at Bluebirds?

encantotom
10-22-2009, 01:56 AM
to keep him from the dark side.....actually i came much closer to buying several wanderlodges before i found my newell. i like em both.

tom

prairieschooner
10-22-2009, 02:17 AM
While the Bird looks like a great Coach, I say that if he cannot tell the difference then ..............
I would be willing to bet that this guy will still be here saying the same stuff next year. Stick, get off the Fence!

Stick Miller
10-22-2009, 11:49 AM
You know, you well may be right. Straddling the fence can be mighty uncomfortable unless it is a mighty short fence.

Seriously, I'll pull the trigger when I find what I want and can afford. If not, I'll keep paying my dues and keep on looking.

I suppose this means Christmas is out?:confused:

HoosierDaddy
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah Stick, Patience may serve you well. The market probably will be in your favor for a while. Shucks...Keep waiting and that Ebay93 may be down far enough that you could afford it with the afore-mentioned contributions!! Probably not by Christmas though.

folivier
10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
We didn't plan to buy ours until next year, but with the prices dropping early this year...
We were looking at Bluebirds and Foretravels, wanted a Newell but didn't think we could afford one. Actually we were going to a mini Bluebird rally one weekend when I found ours at Parliament Coach. Decided instead to fly out to Tampa that weekend. Took a chance, didn't think it would work out at such a low price (69k) but didn't want to chance losing it. It turned out to be in pretty good shape, no major problems, a little dated in the interior, and well within our budget. Flew back the next weekend and drove it home.
You never know when you'll find the right one, so hang in there!