PDA

View Full Version : First Trip in our Newell!

Summersgal
11-01-2009, 01:54 AM
We decided today to take a short trip so we headed to Parris Texas. Not far but at least we have a chance to try things out for the first time. Coach handled fine and had no issues at all. Hooked up to everything and now kicked back on laptops and watching the ball game. I am already trying to figure out where to go next weekend and even thinking about where we should go for the week of Thanksgiving since Jeff is off and on vacation all week! Excited and loving our Newell!!

Pam

chockwald
11-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Jeff and Pam......glad to hear your first trip was "uneventful"....that's the way we all like our trips! Sounds like an ambitious few weeks coming up. We are always looking for reasons to spend time in our Newell, too!!

fulltiming
11-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Great report. Love to see folks using their coaches. It is a shame to see a beautiful piece of machinery just sitting unused. The more you use it the more you will appreciate the craftsmanship and quality of your Newell.

Bill & Sonja
11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Jeff and Pam,
With our first trip barely behind us I can sure identify with your excitement. Happy trails!

zcasa
11-01-2009, 08:49 PM
20 miles west of Orlando now and 4,600 miles into our trip. I love reading the new folks and their excitement at heading out, even for a short trip with no issues. We have had no issues and are within 65 miles of the storage facility in St. Petersburg. Anxious though, to see the grandchild on Thursday back in Denver. Gonna be a fun week. Hilton Head Outdoor Resorts is a spectacular resort. Unbelievably clean community, one mile from the beach, bike paths everywhere, convenient to grocery, post office, ups etc. I wouldn't think anyone would be disappointed in any way shape or form. Spent six days there and could have stayed longer.

Safe travels to all.

Richard and Rhonda
11-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Pam,

We will be at Tyler State Park in Tyler Texas from Sat before T"giving to Wed before. They have a pretty nice area for rigs our size in the Big Pine campground.

Come join us. It's easy access from I-20.

urfreeman07@gmail.com
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Richard,

I was wondering if Tyler State park could handle our rigs. I have kin that live near there. Also, I hear the fishing is good there!

Summersgal
11-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the invite, we are headed to Vidor, Tx and then off to Corpus until Thanksgiving then headed back home. Maybe we can meet up some other time! Have a Safe Thanksgiving all

tuga
11-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Richard,

I was wondering if Tyler State park could handle our rigs. I have kin that live near there. Also, I hear the fishing is good there!

Allen & Aude,

I stayed at Tyler State Park many years ago (1994 & 1995) when I had a 40' Newell. It was a little tight getting into some of the sites. Just be sure that when you make your reservation you tell them that you have a 42' coach. If I remember correctly the electrical service is not too great (of course a lot can change in 14 years!).

Have fun and try to get a site on the lake! It's beautiful!!!

chockwald
11-19-2009, 11:59 PM
We're on our way tomorrow beginning a 3 week trip up into the Pacific Northwest. First destination is Spokane, WA where we will spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family. You can follow our trip through the following link:

http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com/

zcasa
11-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Sweet, thanks Clarke. Can't wait to follow your adventure and to set up a similar blog going forward. Safe travels and try and keep Elaine awake on this trip. lol.

David

Richard and Rhonda
11-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Yes Tyler will handle bigger rigs. You have to camp in Big Pine. Most of the sites are pull through loops and fairly level. A few of them have too much slope to take out with air leveling.