PDA

View Full Version : Pontoons on a Newell?

folivier
12-15-2009, 10:46 PM
May need to add some soon if we keep having this rain! Another 5"+ last night. This is getting ridiculous, we're ok at our house but have had to "rescue" my son and his family 3 times the last few days. The streets in his subdivision keep flooding and they get trapped in. Glad I just bought that jeep, it's been coming in handy. Cindy and I are off Saturday until after New Years. Thinking of finding a desert to dry off!

express1
12-15-2009, 11:04 PM
You could come North to Raceland.....

tuga
12-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey Forrest,

You don't need pontoons just drive with the HWH leveling in the UP position. That will give you an extra 4" of clearance!

Matt,

When did you get back from Nevada? Are you dry?

afrench45
01-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Well you could also buy one of these......
http://www.terrawind.com/terrawind.htm

tuga
01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Why would anyone want a motorhome that can go in the water. What are you going to do once you're in the water. Fish?

Having fished all of my life and having seen many boat lauches, I can see nothing but difficulty and problems with a motorhome like this. The section of the boat launch ramp that is underwater is usually gravel or if it is concrete it is cracked from erosion and wave action. Unless this thing has front wheel drive, I can't see how it could come out of the water! Maybe you are supposed to BACK UP to the boat launch ramp and then drive out in reverse.

I wouldn't touch one of these things with a 100' pole!

Just my .02

afrench45
01-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Tuga,
I completely agree. This might be one of the craziest things Ive seen. And did you see the price tag? You could have one very nice Newell for that!

CaptBry
02-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Imagine the feeling of confidence when driving your $850,000. motor-home into the lake for the first time!

HoosierDaddy
02-03-2010, 12:41 PM
In the theatre of my mind..........
Splash........as I enter the lake. "Hey Earl did you put the cap back on the holding tank???" Earl..."Yep er uh,oh well I didnt lose it this time it's right here in my pocket"

tuga
02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
I wonder how it handles in high winds?