PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Jurupa Regional Park

chockwald
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Elaine and I will be heading to Rancho Jurupa Regional Park over President's Day weekend (this coming weekend) to try out the new RV park we visited over the Christmas holiday. They still have a few spots available if anyone is in the area and wants to join us for 4 days (Friday through Monday). Rancho Jurupa is in the City of Riverside, about 15 miles from our home on the banks of the Santa Ana River.

chockwald
02-15-2010, 11:43 PM
We left home around 12 Noon on Friday, 2/12, and arrive at the park 20 minutes later....what an exhausting trip....LOL! Had a nice 4 days there.....well, parts of 4 days, anyway.

Here's a link to a YouTube video I did of my walking tour of the park yesterday morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DltJhd4aR30

Here are a few pictures, too.

chockwald
02-15-2010, 11:46 PM
We took a bike ride (what else?) into Riverside, CA on Sunday afternoon to their old town area around the historic Mission Inn...here are few pictures of that excursion:

fulltiming
02-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Looks like a nice day for a ride. Riverside has some interesting buildings.

chockwald
02-16-2010, 12:36 AM
You're right, Michael....here are a few more pictures....a lot of cool churches in the old town area! First picture is of the civic auditorium, which appears to have been a church at one time.

zcasa
02-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Nice Pictures, Clarke. We are freezing in FL. Coldest winter in 34 years. Nuts. But, having fun all the same. Your weekend looks wonderful.

David and Denise

chockwald
02-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Temps were in the low 80's Sat, Sun and Mon.......I read a lot of blogs written by fulltimers and many of them have left Florida for Arizona. Who would have thought? Glad the temps have warmed up here for now, and the rain has stopped for now. Glad you both are having fun. Post some pictures when you get a chance so we can vicariously share in your fun!

prairieschooner
02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
We are still here at the Golden Village Palms RV Resort in Hemet, CA. Temps here are in the mid to upper 80s. Tricia is at the Pool most days now, since the rains stopped.
We are off to Arizona next month when we leave here. Gotta love the Desert in the Winter!

encantotom
02-17-2010, 12:45 AM
hi steve,

make sure you try to come see us when you are in az!

tom

prairieschooner
02-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Tom,
We will try to nget that way soon. The next trip into Yuma will only be a short one then hopefully off to Mexico again!

chockwald
02-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Steve.....Tom and Darlene are at a Colorado River Adventures presentation this weekend in Parker, AZ....have you been to that one?

prairieschooner
02-20-2010, 03:00 PM
a picture is worth...

These were taken last month, Tom it is the last site down river and on the beach. The last pic is our "boat in a bay"....

prairieschooner
02-20-2010, 03:01 PM
an with any luck they may see.....
these were taken where the Burros roam. The Burros are protected there so don't try to ride any of them Tom.