View Full Version : Electrical panel lights

03-30-2010, 01:25 AM
I have an intermittent light on my electrical panel. It is one of those small round red lights. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement bulb? I assume I have to take out the screws that hold the panel in place to access the light. Is there anything I need to be aware of when removing the panel besides the obvious or replacing the light?

Thanks for your help...once again and again! Jennifer

03-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Jennifer, if it is like the ones on my overhead electric gauge panel, about a 3/8" wide, I found some at a MarVac Electronics in Southern California and Newell has them. Mine have silver rings around them and they are harder to find. I replaced the generator light with an amber light with the silver ring and moved the red light from the generator to replace one that had burned out. They re also available in white, green and blue. Most have a white ring around the edge.

03-30-2010, 02:31 PM
there is no "bulb", you will simply replace the complete Light. The good news is that they are fairly inexpensive so buy two, that way you will have a spare.

03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
if you are talfking about th eones for the tgenerator, 120v etc, they are neon pilot lights. they are a couple of inches long and use a metal clip on the back and are wired in with crimps.

they are 3 bucks apiece or so.

i have replace all of mine.

i used colors i liked instead of the ones that were there.