PDA

View Full Version : Trippin Soon!!

express1
05-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Connie and I are about to start this summer trip. Soon we should be heading west (to Reno) then further west and north. We just need to dodge all the oil spills, earthquakes, floods, volcanos, fires and illegals on the way. We hope to cross paths with many other Newells.

RussWhite
05-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Matt and Connie,

I don't know you, but I can still wish you a safe trip and hope you keep us updated through the newellclassic site as your trip progresses. Have a wonderful time. It's a great country. Russ

encantotom
05-04-2010, 12:34 AM
hi matt,

stop by mesa and see us? it isnt too hot yet.

tom and darlene

prairieschooner
05-04-2010, 12:51 AM
at least Arizona is Sand, hopefully Connie isn't collecting that now.
see you in Indio?

chockwald
05-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Matt and Connie....looking forward to following your new adventures!

Richard and Rhonda
05-05-2010, 12:17 AM
You are welcome in Fort Worth

tuga
05-05-2010, 02:21 AM
Hey Matt,

Is the coach still in Reno?

I've heard that Northern California, Oregon, and Washington state is beautiful. I always wanted to see the Oregon coast.

Maybe next year!

Have a blast and don't worry about hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, oil spills, and anything else.

Keep us updated.

express1
05-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Thanks to all! We hope to leave next Sunday or Monday if all goes well.
We should be in the Reno area for about a week then head out.
Happy Trails to Everyone!!!

folivier
05-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Enjoy your trip! Cindy and I are heading to north Alabama next week to her niece's college grad. and then spending a week at Desoto State Park. We'll take another couple week trip later this summer, can't go longer just yet. Need to get her to quit work first! Hey, why aren't you following Tuga to Alaska? We may go next year or the following. Enjoy.

express1
05-09-2010, 03:01 AM
To rich for me!!!

prairieschooner
05-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Just got back from Yuma. When we left the Cabin it was 45 degrees and 95-98 degrees in Yuma! We just got home and it is about 47 degrees up here, what a difference. I do not want to see the Desert again until October.

batpilot7300
06-07-2010, 02:11 AM
howdy all,havn't posted for some time, to busy learning,fixing and enjoying our new coach. We have ended up in Ruidoso NM for the next few months then on to the factory for somework. The problems we have had relate to poor maintainence from the last owner, example, 120v compressor was making lots of noise, vibrating the coach, I found all four nuts mikssing on the hold down legs,you need fingers like ET to replace them but it can be done, could go on for an hour but won't. It's to early to compare Newell to our ex bluebird, I'll keep posting on this as time goes on, I do find many of the systems are very much alike, Newell does ride better, Bluebird was a school bus not a road bus.

fulltiming
06-07-2010, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the post Lee. Since several of us looked at Bluebirds prior to purchasing Newells, we are interested in your comparisons. I have several friends with Birds and they are nice coaches. You are correct in that many of the systems are very similar within the same general time frame.

Glad you got the compressor legs strapped back down. Vibrations can be frustrating for most folks and Newell owners are more finicky than most folks.

Steve, glad you are back in cooler weather. As Clarke and Elaine can attest, it is warm already in Austin, especially here by the lake. It was in the 90's today (both temperature and humidity). Just remember that Yuma is dry heat so it doesn't bother you (yeah, right).

larrynjeri
06-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Matt

We have spent time in Chanler Az with my sister after the Nascar race, then to Sedona, on to Las Vegas for a wedding, man was it hot. After we talked we will meet up with you guys in the next week, need to take the bulldog back to the house. Will leave the Newell in Wa. leave for Alaska the 27th, then will catch up again.

prairieschooner
06-10-2010, 12:48 PM
I feel for both of you. I just am not ready for the heat of the desert.
Funny story .. I went to work the next day after returning from Yuma, my windshield was dirty so I hit the washer....it froze! I had to pull over and wait for the defroster to work. I still choose this over that heat, dry or not. (it is 45 right now ha-ha)

chockwald
06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Me too, Steve.....I prefer cold to heat.

folivier
06-10-2010, 03:14 PM
We don't need windshield washers here, it's either raining or humidity is so high dirt just slides off!
Hey are we gonna do a mini-rally this year?

chockwald
06-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I am still interested in meeting up with the willing in Santa Fe, NM. Talked with Michael Day when we visited he and Georgia in Austin last Sunday, and they are very interested in Santa Fe in the Fall of 2010. The summer is pretty much a wash for us due to Elaine's job/time commitments, but it looks like she may be able to carve out 10-12 days in September, or October. Anyone interested?

Either way, the Hockwald clan is planning on being in Santa Fe in the Fall.

zcasa
06-10-2010, 09:22 PM
October would be good for us, although we are now Newellless. How big does your couch fold out to, Clarke? lol. We would rent a place in town if we can get there. I would recommend the Sky RV Park. It is on the south side, right on the Interstate 25 and has a nice clubhouse with 5 star facilities. The spots are gravel but the views are magnificent. We have stayed there twice, and it is Big Rig friendly. They have a website. Some really cool art communities on the back road to Albuquerque.

David

chockwald
06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
That would be soooo cool, David! Our fold out couch is always available to you....lol! Sky RV Park is exactly the park we are looking at, and that was also recommended to us by Michael.

folivier
06-10-2010, 10:12 PM
We may be interested in meeting you there. Keep us posted on when you plan to go.

Ron Skeen
06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
The full name of the park is ; Santa Fe Skies RV Park www.santafeskiesrvpark.com
14 Brown Castle Rnch
Santa Fe, NM 87508-1302, United States
(505) 473-5946. We have been stopping there for the last 7 years at least once and sometime twice each year. The rate has alway been reasonable and they do give discount for Good Sam or FMCA Memberships. It usally pleaseant in any month you go.

chockwald
06-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks Ron, you are quite correct.

prairieschooner
06-11-2010, 05:50 PM
We may be interested in Santa Fe! I vote for after labor day so we can avoid vacation season.

chockwald
06-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi Steven.....looking at early October....would be fun to travel there together! Elaine has a lot of company meetings the later part of September, so we are aiming for early October. I'll start a separate thread now that we have some feedback on interested people.

express1
06-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Today we returned to Reno and the end of another short 1600 mile trip. But it sure was fun, exciting, and most important safe....
to return again in a few short weeks,

Thank you NEWELL
matt&connie:thumbsup:

prairieschooner
06-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Matt,
What is the weather like in Reno? We stopped there on the way back from Creede and man was it hot.
Tricia's cousin said stop by, you can have full hook-ups. When we got there they handed me a 115 Volt 15 amp Extension Cord that was at least 50' long. We had to run the Generator to cool things off but God Bless them they meant well. They most likely didn't expect the Bus that showed up either.
Anyway when we woke up the next morning their Mule was looking in our bedroom, traveling is different! makes me want to get on the road again.

express1
06-24-2010, 03:41 AM
got here this afternoon,,,, about 82 windy, lows tonight about 60. Leaving on Friday. Headed back to the oil spill... 95 hot and fumey........

prairieschooner
06-24-2010, 03:58 AM
We want to get to LA sometime but when I get there I want Gumbo! we may have to wait a while for that.
Hey have you seen Larry's new Bike? he started it up for me and wow!

express1
05-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Matt

We have spent time in Chanler Az with my sister after the Nascar race, then to Sedona, on to Las Vegas for a wedding, man was it hot. After we talked we will meet up with you guys in the next week, need to take the bulldog back to the house. Will leave the Newell in Wa. leave for Alaska the 27th, then will catch up again.

Another story! You offered to rent us your spot in Indio which you never owned.....When we took you up on the offer... You said you sold it that week. Can It BE?

express1
05-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Here we go again,,,, This was suggested, but not taken to seriously, BurningMan event in Reno,,,,, anyone ever attempted this in a coach? Dusty, Dusty, Windy, Hot, and did I say Dusty?
Kinda a bucket list thing maybe?

ashley
05-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Matt i will let you know where we are maybe hookup somewhere

prairieschooner
05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
It is getting hot down near Palm Springs so you waited too long to come this way.