PDA

View Full Version : RV Door Hinge

Hammer
06-04-2010, 03:23 PM
looking for a hinge on a 1971 newell or any info on the name a make of the hinge so i can try to track it down Thanks
I believe it is the jensen hinge design to the left on hinge chart.

Neweller
06-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Hammer, I think your right. From my understanding, this hinge comes in longer lengths suitable to be cut down. I have not had to replace any on my Newells yet.

Ken

Hammer
06-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Hammer, I think your right. From my understanding, this hinge comes in longer lengths suitable to be cut down. I have not had to replace any on my Newells yet.

Ken
Would you have in more info on its name or manufacture company?

Neweller
06-04-2010, 06:04 PM
From what I can tell, mine is an "aluminum piano hinge with holes", readily available by several manufacturers and dealers. If you want to use the same as a '78 I can get you that size.

Ken

Hammer
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
From what I can tell, mine is an "aluminum piano hinge with holes", readily available by several manufacturers and dealers. If you want to use the same as a '78 I can get you that size.

Kenya i can get that any where i have it for the battery doors and big cargo. I rather not use it, I would like what on there now. This is a 2 peace but the top is a bracket and the hinge slides into it use a pop rivet one side of the rail to hold it in. Then the bottom of the jensen hinge attaches to the door. That would be the flat place on the diagram jensen in the pic below.