PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Newell

jmacstack
06-28-2010, 02:46 AM
I met a gentleman today here in Missoula who has a 1968 Newell. He lives here in town. I drove by his house the other day and slammed on the brakes when I saw it parked in his yard and got out of my truck and couldn't believe my eyes. Today I drove by again to perhaps spot the owner and there he was under the coach working on it. His name is Bob Jones and he hangs out with his dog Little Bear. He said he used to go on the Forum a long time ago and hasn't been here in a while. Perhaps someone knows him and his beauty of a coach. It's a very cool coach...30 feet, all aluminum, Newell homemade dash board, gas engine in the front and built on a commercial ford truck chassis and is only able to run bias ply tires on it as there are no radial tires that fit it. He said Newell only made 10 coaches that year. Even though our coaches are 20 years apart, I don't feel so alone out here in nowhere Montana. Upon stepping inside his coach is was immediately apparent that Newell produced quality back then and has maintained the Newell look and feel. We are everywhere! Jennifer

chockwald
06-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Hope you can take a picture of his coach the next time you pass by!

Re-Phil
06-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi Jen,
I'm a new owner of a 1968 Newell. Do you think we could get this owner back on the forum? Any contact info for them , by chance??
Thanks,
Re-Phil

jmacstack
06-11-2012, 11:14 AM
I'll be in Missoula in two weeks, I'll swing by his house and let him know. He's great and knows a lot about that vintage. Later, Jennifer