PDA

View Full Version : Clearance Light Replacement

ABnormal
06-28-2010, 03:52 PM
My 87 has KC-509 clearance lights on it and the lens just fell off of one of them. I was going to just replace the lens and am now wondering if it would not be a good time to just replace all of the lamps. The rubber around the outside appears to be rotting away. Does anyone have a source for the KD-509 lamp? Has anyone found a suitable replacement?

These things are 7.5" long and the screws are set 6" apart. I have been unable to find any so far.

Larry P. in KC

chockwald
06-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Here is where I got my amber clearance lights:

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/cgi-bin/ryderfp/products/product_detail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1455554247.127 7740547@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfadekkkejldecfkmcgfmdfoldflm.0&oid=50506

I looked at your coach pictures and it looks like you've got the same ones I do. I bought a couple of extras. Can't find these in red, however.

prairieschooner
06-28-2010, 07:29 PM
I was able to buy just the Lens from Newell. They did not have any other parts so you may be better off just to buy the Lamp like Clarke did to get the Gasket.
I don't believe that anyone is making the Red Lens anymore since KD is out of business. So try to be careful with your Red Lens' they are not available. I was able to polish mine to make them look better. I did look at some LED Lights as replacements but they will not be the same size so I am waiting...

ABnormal
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Jackpot.

I found a company still selling the 509's. They have in stock, both the red and the amber. Here's the link: http://www.slclighting.com/user/productdetail.php?pid=285

I could not get the online order process to work, but I called the number provided and ordered that way.

A user on motorhome magazine's forum listed a different part number he had used and I was able to find them that way. The original company is now owned by a new company and this is a distributor for them.

Down the road.

Larry P.