PDA

View Full Version : New Newell Pricing

JoeBtx
09-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey Guys

What a great site. I'm considering the purchase of a new Newell or at least a 2008 or above. Looking at the Newell website, all of the units are shown with a list price. How much off of the list price can I expect to have to pay for either a new or used unit? I've seen units being sold by individuals that are a lot less than the ones on the Newell web site.

You would think that on a Newell web site, the spell check could spell Newell.

Thanks
Joe Batson
Fort Worth, Tx.

afrench45
09-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi Joe,
Welcome! It is hard to say what kind of pricing you would be able to receive from Newell. Because they are custom 1 of a kind coaches, discounts may not be as large as other Coach companies ex. Monaco, Fleetwood etc....
Sorry I don't know any numbers
Andrew

tuga
09-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Joe,

Welcome to the forum.

The discounts on NEW Newells are about 20% off of the asking price. This is for a cash deal, no trade in. Of course, keep in mind that everything is negotiable. The reason for the asking price is in case they have to take a trade in (your old coach).

On used coaches, it usually depends on how much Newell has in the coach. In other words, how much they gave the seller on a trade in. Again, if you are a cash buyer with no trade in on a used Newell you can make a pretty good deal depending on your bargining ability. I would say 10% to 15% off of the asking price will probably get the coach in your name.

I have found that the folks at Newell are reasonable, and they will do whatever it takes to make you happy with your purchase. Keep in mind, they have to make a profit so that they will be in business next year. With that said, come on in the water is fine. You won't be sorry that you bought a Newell.

It is a great product and you will have some of the best service in the business. The company is financially strong so they will be there during tough economic times. It is a class act through and through.

Take your time and look around. There are advantages to buying from an individual and there are advantages from buying directly from Newell. I have done both and in the end, it really doesn't matter much. Newell will give you a 2 year warranty on a coach 8 years old and younger. But you may pay a slight premium over what an individual might sell the same vintage coach for.

So it depends on what you perceive to be the best value. It is a buyer's market now, so have fun looking - sometimes looking is as much fun as buying!

Call me if you would like to chat 985 381 6613. I love to talk Newells.

JoeBtx
09-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the advise

Joe Batson
Fort Worth, Tx.

NeverEnding
07-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Tuga thanks for the information, you know your Newells. Like Joe we are in the market for a used Newell coach. I appreciate this post and it's given me some things to think about since we are looking at purchasing a Newell by fall of next year. We had been tossing around the idea of going to the factory direct and from the sounds of it, I don't think it would be such a bad idea. You mentioned something about class through and through and that is why we wanted a Prevost before we came across this site we didn't even know of a Newell coach. We sure do now! Thanks again for the info we are looking forward to finally joining you other Newell owners in what seems to be a class of it's own.

tuga
07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
NeverEnding,

You're welcome, glad to have helped in a small way. I would agree with you taking a factory tour; just call one of the sales guys and set up an appointment for a tour.

It's kind of difficult to offer any suggestions without knowing a little more about what year you may be interested in. But just off of the cuff, I would look for a 2 slide Newell with roof ACs, rear bath + half bath, and a stacked washer/dryer. Those are the amenities that I like so take it with a grain of salt!

If you like the Newell Classic 1989 and older I would look for a walk-thru bath, stacked washer/dryer, and roof ACs.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
07-29-2012, 11:51 PM
I recently purchased a used Newell and will be happy to share my experience. Traveling in my Newell now but most days I can be reached on my cell 303-547-5810. I no answer, try again.