PDA

View Full Version : major air leak

batpilot7300
11-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi all, were back from a great summer in Ruidoso NM topped of with a trip to the factory on our way home,I'm 10K poorer now but have most things working. Do have a new problem and need some input....I have a lot of air coming out of a fitting on the passanger side rear engine firewall, it's a small brass T fitting sitting next to the engine fuel filter, it has an air line connected to both sides and a black solanoid falve mountede on the front of it, air is coming out the top opening of the fitting, it,s threaded but open, my question..should there be a plug in that opening

Lee Brown
98DS45L #476

tuga
11-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Lee,

It sounds like you are describing an air doubler. Follow the air lines that attach to the air doubler back and see if you can find a ball valve. The ball valve should be in the closed position. When you close the ball valve the air will stop flowing to the air doubler and your problem will be solved!

The top of the air doubler where the air is coming out is a relief opening and air is supposed to come out of it. The purpose of the air doubler is to double the air pressure when you are filling your tires.

The ball valve is opened only when you are ready to use the air doubler. All other times it should be closed.

You can send me a check for $10,000.

Have a nice day!

Richard and Rhonda
11-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Lee,

Can you take a picture and post? I think I know what you are talking about, but not sure.

Sorry, I don't live in Fort Worth any longer or I would pop over and look at it.

batpilot7300
11-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Tuga,can't follow the lines, they join a bundle of other small air lines and go into a hole behind the rear battery compartment, what activates the doubler, there are two wires going to the solenoid.

Richard, what's your cell #, will send you a pic, don't have my camera ava.

Richard and Rhonda
11-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Lee,

Its ate wun seven to too tres 2 zed 56

I know what part you are talking about. It isn't supposed to blow air out the top normally. I don't think it's the doubler Tuga is referring to.

I never have figured out what is is for. You haven't tripped the tag axle switch on the dash have you?

What happens if you unplug the leads going to it. It sounds like either the solenoid is being held open or it's stuck.

batpilot7300
11-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I think it may have something to do with the suspension, the 110v compressor is coming on every 20 minutes so yesterday I shut it off and 15 minutes later the rig was sitting down as if i had dumped the air

jwe648
11-06-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm going to be in Granbury tomorrow if you want a second set of eyes.. Here looking at a 96'. PM me if you like with a #. I'm staying at Cowtown RV near Weatherford.

Regards,

Jimmy

express1
11-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Jimmy, want to look at another 96?
Check photo albums.
Express1
matt russo

batpilot7300
11-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi Jimmy, that would be great, 8177762370, give me a call for directions

jwe648