PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Newell in classifieds

chockwald
05-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Just saw the 1989 Newell pop up in the classifieds for $38,000. Located in Eugene, OR. If it is in good shape could be a great deal for someone (not for me Steve....lol!!).

jwe648
05-27-2011, 04:24 PM
I paticulary like the MUD GRIPS All Around.. maybe it was a "Logging Newell"

This fellow purchased it from a auction.. No books..ect... I looked.. He'll come down a bit (not enough) .. It's all over Craigs List...

chockwald
05-27-2011, 07:22 PM
I was wondering about those tires.

prairieschooner
05-28-2011, 01:58 AM
those tires are so you can get out of that park in Riverside, another month and you may have a legal easement. (ha ha)

chockwald
05-28-2011, 05:11 AM
I'll tell you, Steve, we live in "Parkland"......no need for mudders here......nice smooth asphalt streets, and level concrete pads up to 100' long......room for 2 cars, a coach, and an enclosed car hauler with room to spare.

Neweller
07-02-2011, 06:30 PM
It looks like a bunch of water staining. I asked the guy if it was in a previous flood and all he stated back was that he purchased it out of a bankruptcy and that it had a clean title.:rolleyes: If most of the mechanical s, wiring and structural integrity checked out, it would make for a good cosmetic re-do. As Jimmy stated, he needs to come down some more.

Ken

The Newell
07-03-2011, 02:01 AM
definitely appears to have water damage. I noticed the laminate is swelled in some areas according to the pictures, carpet is soiled and the furniture is stained etc and thats just what can be seen from the pictures. If you ask me I think 22K would be a fair price for the unit considering the work it needs.

prairieschooner
07-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I would have to agree that $38K :o is a high asking price today. I like the colors on the outside but need more warmth inside. If this guy bought this at auction to make money he may be disappointed.
Good thing for us that our Newell is a part of our lifestyle. Not real concerned about the investment much more concerned that our "Prairie Schooner" can make it to and from without issues :thumbup:.

chockwald
07-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Steve, you got it.....to and from without issues. Where are you now.....on the mountain?

Neweller
07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Exactly! Whether your full or part time in your Newell, it's very important to have dependability of your home on wheels.

I'm thinking if the seller is a dealer, and with this current economy, he should have paid between 15k - 20k to assume any profit. Especially to sell it in that condition. As a buyer, you have to assume the previous owner was experiencing some sort of financial hardship, which could lead to multiple areas of neglect with the coach.:unsure:

prairieschooner
07-03-2011, 07:41 PM
exactly my thoughts as well. Win some, loose some!
(as we say in the marine surveying business) just because you increase your investment it doesn't mean you have increased the value!

Clarke, the mountain. pretty nice up here at 6500'. Parade for the 4th tomorrow!

jwe648
07-16-2011, 05:47 PM
At the rate the price is falling and the fact it's posted on every craigs list west of the mississippi.. Sounds like it may be closer to project time..I may have to take a look-see in a couple of months.. or not! Pretty blue... but sorta like the pink.. "how do you get it out"? No records an issue however water damage if bad is a big issue.. That took a while..

:unsure:

prairieschooner
07-16-2011, 11:39 PM
with water damage I have to ask where it came from. Water damage from salt could be condemning!