PDA

View Full Version : Day Trip Destinations From Miami, OK

MarkofSJC
09-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Shakedown Cruise/Stay

I'm not familiar with the area around the Newell factory. If we pick up a coach from there, it was recommended to take it somewhere fairly close (A day's drive, I'm thinking) and camp out for a long weekend to check every system. If there's a major problem, you're still close to the factory. At the end of our shakedown, we would drive it back before heading back to the west coast.

The problem is, I have no idea of a worthwhile destination. Any suggestions or recommendations?

afrench45
09-14-2011, 07:28 PM
A friend of mine just bought coach 797 from Newell and took it to Grand lake. It is only about an hour drive from Miami and they stayed at Waters Edge rv resort. It is a nice place but does have gravel roads. If you wanted a really quick trip you may try that. Before I purchased a house on Grand lake I stayed at waters edge in my coach, and there are 4 Newells that are there for summer/fall months that are used as a lake place. Enjoy the plant and your Newell.

rheavn
09-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Mark,
If you want a little longer drive to check out the coach, try going up to Worlds of Fun RV Park in Kansas City. It is 165 miles and would take you about 3 hrs. It would let you test the chassis systems thoroughly. The park is paved streets & paved sites with plenty of room for 4 slides. Good power to test the electrical systems. I-44 e/b to 71 n/b to 435 east.

express1
09-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Steve, I'm shocked you didnt suggest this resort......Must be nice in late september or october......Great roads for test drive....:o

rheavn
09-15-2011, 02:16 AM
Matt,
We spent last weekend there and had a great time, but I don't know if I would suggest those narrow roads as a shake down. It would definitely allow for seeing how his new coach handles.

prairieschooner
09-15-2011, 02:25 PM
I just looked at the Waters Edge RV Resort and want to go there myself! Maybe a Classic Rally?

Summersgal
09-21-2011, 03:44 AM
And we are only like 90 miles from factory and always welcome anyone that would like to come and park on our pad with full hookups, and visit! Does anyone cook? :-)

Pam