PDA

View Full Version : Generator Exhaust

prairieschooner
10-10-2011, 10:39 PM
I have been reading about the Gen-Turi by CAMCO. Does anyone have experience with it?
We do a fair share of dry-camping and it would be nice to get the exhaust off the ground. We have an '82 vintage ONAN 12.5 KW Genset.
thanks in advance

rheavn
10-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Steve,
Used one with my Country Coach for 8 years and had no adverse effects. It is well made with a nice carrying case for storage.

lbrachfe
10-11-2011, 12:42 AM
I used mine with my Damon and then Monaco. Worked well with both except there is a limit to it's height and may push some exhaust in a window or dryer vent depending on location of your genset exhaust pipe. Agree with Steve that it is well made. You may want to add some brass rings to hold the bungee.

GORDON HUMMEL
10-11-2011, 01:43 AM
I looked @ it, but my Newell pipe was larger than what there adapters would fit.

rheavn
10-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Gordon,
Mine was the same as yours. The exhaust pipe was bigger than their adapters and came out at an angle. I just had a muffler shop make me a custom adapter. Worked great.

prairieschooner
10-11-2011, 02:26 PM
From the answers here and at FMCA the Gen-Turi does a good job. I'll take your advice and check for overall length prior to purchasing it. Our '82 has the Generator Exhaust coming out the drivers side just before the front tire and we are not as tall as the newer coaches.

After coming back from some dry-camping a couple of weeks ago I would like to get the noise and fumes off of the ground. While we were at the state park we were surrounded by tent campers and you can guess what looks we got when we turned on the generator after getting in. Thankfully we only needed to run the generator for a short time and only that 1st day because the sun came out and the soar panels began working again. They still were not all that happy because we had a great ocean view and they had a hard time seeing through us.

encantotom
10-12-2011, 02:53 PM
http://barthmobile.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/8381039061

pictures of ones people have made for a lot less than buying one.

just for fun

tom

prairieschooner
10-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks Tom.
I am not sure if I can get to this before our next run to Ventura but I would like to and that link is great. I have re-wired the Heart Inverter with the proper sized wire, circuit protection, battery cables, and re-wired the 6 volt battery bank to optimize the amperage. I still need to rebuild or replace the toilet (most likely replace with a Dometic 310) before we head out again.