PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Fuse Electrical

1992newell
10-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Hello Newell Enthusiests(spell check)

I just got my 1992 Newell out of the body shop. They had pulled the Generator for easier access. When i got my coach back only half of the electric works. I have found a major fuse with 3/8 thread bolts on either end. It is copper i believe, and has a porceline center. This looks like it should be a 100 amp fuse or so.My question is this. "Where should this be located on my coach". I believe this is from my coach and they just never put it back in.I have checked all the basics as far as all breakers and such.
It is about 3 inches long overall and the round porceline center is approx. 1 inch in diameter. I feel kinda stupid asking this question but i could use someones expertise in this matter. TY very much

Sincerely Marty Green
hupmobile1934@yahoo.com or call me collect if need be 616 204 2729
I do have a little sense of urgency on this one!!!! Thanks again for all your help

GORDON HUMMEL
10-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Marty
Couple of questions
what is the model of your generator ?
When you say only 1/2 the electrics work, do you mean just from the generator, or all the time?

GORDON HUMMEL
10-14-2011, 06:45 PM
On an older post, I saw a mention of a fuse box in the generator compartment on 90 model Newells

Richard and Rhonda
10-14-2011, 07:11 PM
More details please. Half the electric works when on generator, shore power, or inverter?

What do you mean by half works? Half of the plugs? If you put a voltmeter on the electrical input at the fuse box in the back, are both sides hot? Do you have the voltmeter gauges on the panel in your coach, do both sides say 120 or is one side dead?

Start by looking in the generator bay? Next place would be the coach battery bay.

Many of those 100 amp fuses are actually on the ground side too.

prairieschooner
10-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Could this be a Fuse for the Power Inverter? see the attachment.

encantotom
10-15-2011, 01:10 AM
i called marty at lunch time and sent him a similar picture that steve posted. the fuse he found was one of the high amperage ones like we have on our batteries.

marty is very smart on these things, just getting his newell legs.

hopefully he will post his story of his newell's. it is quite interesting.

he has 120v showing on both l1 and l2 meters, but no amperage on l2 and things are dead on it.

on monday when he has access to the coach he is going to try measuring at the main panel in the bedroom and see what is dead.

marty will be a great addition to our gang for fixing stuff.

tom

Richard and Rhonda
10-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Laughing,

I called him too right after you did. It was a good welcome to the gang. I don't think he was expecting that kind of response.

This is one of the perks of this group of people. Everyone is genuinely interested in helping and learning.

Any yes, it won't be long before we will be calling Marty for help.

1992newell
10-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!
What a welcoming to the Newell family of friends. You folks are great. I sure do appreciate your responses to my Question. I will update you when i find out what the problem was. TY very much Sincerely Marty Green Grand Rapids MI.

rheavn
10-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Marty,
Welcome to the forum. Your experience was similar to mine. You will find this site to be a wonderful source of information with very helpful people!