PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Hot blew the F fuse.

Bob & Peggy Standeford
11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Aqua hot on diesel shut down after about 30 seconds of turning it on. So I go out and check the fuses.I found the fuse at the F post was blown. Replaced the fuse and had Peggy start it back up. It started, but sounded like a tincan with sand and gravel swishing around in it. I had never listen to it while it was running so I didn't know what to look for. Well it worked all the way up to 130 degrees and stopped. You guessed it, blown fuse. Now I know I have a problem, but I tryed one more fuse, sure enough it blew also. You knew it would right. Now I get down to work taking it apart like I guess you would do, to replace the nozzle, It looked like it had been sometime since it had been replaced. Made a note to order new nozzle. With my fat finger I could reach the clutch, and sure enough it wouldn't turn. After working it back and forward it turned loose a little bit. Thinking my problem lay on the inside I took the whole thing apart and sure enough one of the bearings worked great but the other one was frozen. So now I need to order the parts and put it back together. I'll let you know if I saved the $1400.00 for a rebuilt one.
Bob and Peggy in cool Vegas,

lbrachfe
11-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Just had the same thing happen while we were at Newell. roger replaced the bearing pack and serviced the unit and it works fine now. The job cost me under $250 parts and labor.

Larry Brachfeld
2003 #646

Bob & Peggy Standeford
11-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Received parts in the mail today about 2 and by 4:30 had it back working, it's now up to 201 degrees. The problem we had was getting it to fit back correctly. The black cover wouldn't go on. I had marked the cover where connected to the metal where the fan is, there is a triangle on the end of all everthing that needs to be turned just right so it can fit into the black cover. Since there're 4 screws in a square pattern, you can put it together wrong 3 time and right once. Well I got in right on the 4th try. $159.00 for parts from Roger Berke this included 2 nozzles, and I now know had to replace them.
Bob and Peggy,