PDA

View Full Version : 12v fuse for 12v air compressor

encantotom
12-03-2011, 09:20 PM
hi all,

for those of you that have a 12v compressor, do you have any idea where the fuse for it is? my compressor blows fuses (according to the doumentation) and i have a new compressor to put in but i have no power at the compressor. so the fuse is blown and i have not found it yet. there is no 12v fuse labled air compressor anywhere that i have found and russ says his is not obvious either.

any wisdom?

tom

rheavn
12-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Tom,
The fuse is located on my coach in the 5th basement bay back on the driver's side. Inside the door about 18", mounted high on the front wall, is a fuse block that is covered by an approx 12" X 8" cover that is velcroed in place.

Happy hunting.......................

Bob & Peggy Standeford
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks Steve for the info on the location of that bank of fuses. I hadn't located those yet. Now I have what may be a dumb question. Is it safe to assume if I find something with a fuse on it it will be 12V and anything that is 110V is on a breaker. I'm looking for a problem on my 110v water pump it won't come on, the 12V works fine, but it would be nice if I had both working.

encantotom
12-04-2011, 09:02 PM
my 110v water pump (headhunter) wasnt working when i got my coach. it is powered by the inverter on mine so the breaker was in the panel next to the inverter. i checked the power with a meter at the pump and it was ok.

by the way, there are a lot of self resetting 12v circuit breakers on our rigs. they are different than the fuses, but reset themselves. i keep a few spares of those too. the 110v breakers will all be in a cb panel or a subpanel and look like traditional house circuit breakers.

i am in the process of replumbing it to fit a mach5. the old one was a jetpaq headhunter. the connections are different.

since they used compressed ring pex fittings, i am using the sharkbite pex fittings so i can easily remove them if i need to ever get this pump out. they are quite pricey but easy to use and remove and reuse.

i will post how i get it done when i complete it.

i am off to my usual trip to asia tomorrow so work on the rig will come to a standstill for a few weeks till christmas vacation. (other than ordering stuff to be waiting for me when i get home).

bob, if you want to call me please do. i am around the rest of the day. i will pm you my phone number. i can help you troubleshoot the water pump if you want.

tom

Bob & Peggy Standeford
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I would love to have your phone number

folivier
12-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Hey Tom, when I changed out my water heater I was able to buy some braided stainless hoses with sharkbite fittings attached. Really made the process easier. I keep spare sharkbite fittings in the coach just in case. Yes they are not cheap but the cost of a good pex ring crimper is pretty expensive and takes some skill to get them right so I figured sharkbite would be better.

encantotom
12-04-2011, 11:55 PM
hi forest, i considered them but the one run that is long enough to use one is the inlet pipe and it has enough suction that it would collapse a hose. so it has to be rigid plumbing. the inlet is just a few inches long each with t's and elbows.

even my plumber friends say the sharkbite or equivalent is high quality stuff.

but it quite expensive at 10-14 bucks a fitting.

thanks

tom