PDA

View Full Version : Batteries in "series" or "paralell" ?

lbrachfe
12-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Are the house batteries installed in series or paralell ?? Anybody know ?

RussWhite
12-04-2011, 10:15 PM
House battery voltage is 12VDC. The batteries must be connected to deliver that voltage. If the batteries are 12 volt batteries, like mine, then they are connected in parallel. Should you have 6 volt batteries, then two of them get connected in series to make 12, then that is connected in parallel with any other sets that have been made to be 12.

Be very careful and if you don't know exactly what to do, get some help. A mistake here can result in extremely high fault currents that can cause injury to you and your coach.

Russ

lbrachfe
12-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Thanks Russ,
Wanted to confirm what I thought was the case and to know that the 12volt model Power Pulse was the correct one to buy. I bought 2 to use 1 with each drawer of 3 8d batteries If the batteries were in "Series" then I would have needed the 36 volt unit instead of the 12 volt, which can be used for 3 batteries in "paralell".

Dan B
10-18-2012, 08:10 PM
House batteries could be 12 volt or 6 volt. If they are twelve volt, connect them in parallel (+ to + and - to -). If they are 6 volt, connect one battery + to - on a second battery, now that set is the same as a 12 volt battery. If you have four 6 volt batteries, you now connect the two "sets" in parallel. The open + terminal to the other open + terminal, and then connect the two open - terminals together.
Hope that isn't confusing...