PDA

View Full Version : Tempe/Phoenix RV Park Suggestions

prestadude
12-14-2011, 04:35 AM
I will be traveling to Tempe for my sons graduation from ASU (May, 2012). Any suggestions for parks with easy access, pull throughs, sized for a 45' rig pulling a minivan? I have no experience pulling a vehicle so the idea of not being able to backup is putting me in a very cautious mood.

encantotom
12-14-2011, 10:53 AM
hi Tim,

i live in mesa and my daughter goes to asu. there are not many rv parks in the tempe area, but near me there are alot of nice ones with pull throughs that would be only a 20 minute drive to asu.

may is a good time as the snowbirds will be gone and there will be plenty of places to choose from.

we would love to meet you then as well.

tom and darlene

chockwald
12-14-2011, 04:12 PM
When we attended our daughter's graduation from ASU in May of 2008 we spent the day in the ASU stadium parking lot, which is walking distance to the graduation facility, and then dry camped the night at the nearby Walmart. There is a nice Cracker Barrel restaurant in the same parking lot. The reason we chose to dry camp was that the first two RV parks we contacted had a 10 year old limitation on motorhomes, and at 1982 we are considerably past that age restriction. We sent them a picture of our coach, but it made no difference. They were not concerned with the condition of the coach, just the age.

MarkofSJC
12-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Chockwald,
Age descrimination ~ against a Newell? WOW! My son goes to U of A and kept saying they have an unusually way of thinking there, but that takes the cake!

Wally Arntzen
12-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Clarke, I have an 88 and when they ask the age I tell them it's a 2001 and I never have a problem. I decided not to play the game of getting turned down and it works. If the coach looks good they have no idea what year it is. Give it a try. I don't think God would care if we just fibbed to get a place to stay.
Merry Cristmas, Wally

prairieschooner
12-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Wally,
I like that idea! I haven't had that problem when driving into the Park.
I did have a #@&* tell me that we couldn't stay at Pelican Point RV Park, Half Moon Bay, CA because she said that we were a converted Bus. I simply told here to check this website, but she still wanted to argue that were were a converted Bus. I asked to have her call the Manager and he "let" us stay there. Needless to say the stay was terrible because the place was not friendly and they actually wanted to charge $5.00 a head for any visitor even if they walked in or we went to pick them up!!
We have a simple rule now, generally if they state that we are a converted Bus or won't let us in because the coach is over 10 years old....we just leave!!

express1
12-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Converted from what????? Part of that may be correct!!! LOL

prairieschooner
12-16-2011, 04:36 AM
yeah but if you pulled in............