PDA

View Full Version : Time to Go!

prairieschooner
12-17-2011, 05:14 PM
It has been snowing up here for the last couple of days with most of next week in the forecast as well. We are out of here!
We will be at Thousand Trails in Menifee for a couple of days and then off to Arizona.
Anyone near Parker?

chockwald
12-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Steve.....which CRA park near Parker are you going to be in? Will you still be there around the 5th of February?

prairieschooner
12-18-2011, 01:12 AM
We will be at Emerald Cove or Yuma Lakes. Emerald is actually in Earp, CA, yes it is named after Wyatt because he lived nearby in Vidal.
Not sure how long we will be there since it is winter and a great time to travel with the kids all in school. Too much snow to come back here until it melts!

chockwald
12-18-2011, 01:41 AM
OK, well we'll give you a call when we are on the road, and if you are still in the area we'll stop by for a few days.

prairieschooner
12-18-2011, 02:45 AM
Yuma may be fun as well. Algodones, MX is only about a half hour awy with great shrimp tacos and dentists. We will try to hook up with Brad and Karen this year at Senator Wash near the Yuma Proving Grounds.

chockwald
12-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Well, if you are in Yuma Lakes when we depart we'll aim for that spot. We could have a mini-rally at Senator Wash....an all solar gathering.

prairieschooner
12-18-2011, 02:14 PM
We should try to stay in touch. Forest and Cindy may be coming that way as well.
Tricia is interested in Ghost Towns so who knows where this will be taking us. I have completed the Howell EFI installation on the Jeep CJ7 ready so we should be towing it.

folivier
12-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Yep, we're heading that way. Not sure if we'll late Feb. or early March but we should get to Arizona late March. We'll let yall know our progress. We'd love to join the "all solar mini-rally"!

2dogs
12-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi all were already in yuma (foothills) mini rally?
Brian and Lana

prairieschooner
12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
I say yes! Just when. Brad and Karen should be there near the end of the month.

PS it is still snowing up here! Almost anywhere sounds great.

Brad Townsend
12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
We are all ready here. We shot out of Tennessee and made it here in 4 days doing 687 miles one day. The trip was 2022 miles. Arrived here a week ago. Mini rally sounds good. There are many 4 wheel places to go out here. You should check out a place called the names. You can google it. It's a few miles from here in the desert where rvers overs many years have put their family NAMES on the desert dunes made from stones. This place is about a half mile wide and two miles long. If anyone needs more info about this place (Senator Wash)you can call us or email.
603-706-8311
2pilgrims@gmail.com

prairieschooner
12-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Looks like 5 Newells if we can all make it. Maybe we should look at a date for this, we may even be able to get the likes of Tom out there?

folivier
12-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Late March would work for us.

Brad Townsend
12-20-2011, 04:46 PM
We'll be here till April 15th, thats when everyone has to be out.
It's usually getting pretty hot by then. 4 years ago we left the end of March it was so hot.

encantotom
12-20-2011, 04:53 PM
if we can't come in the coach, we might still drive down to visit. btw, your perspective of hot is off a bit. march in az is still COOL. NOT HOT.

Come here in late July and see what hot really is.

tom

Brad Townsend
12-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Yea I know what you mean, I watch the temps here year round on my desk top.
I don't do well in the heat, we head for higher elevations in the Spring.
This year it will be about 40 miles above Vernal Utah in the Ashley National Forest.
Elevation 6000+ ft.

Brad Townsend
12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
This is the Coordinates of the names in google earth if interested.
32°52'15.45" N 114°40'57.34" W

prairieschooner
12-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Late March is too late for us. When Yuma gets hot we go the other way. Yuma is great in Jan. or Feb.
I vote for during or just after Quartzsite? Others should be in the area by then and who knows, could be a nice gathering.

PS Come on Tom, we want to see your new "camper".

chockwald
12-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Early February works for us....we'll be on the Gulf Coast by late February.

prairieschooner
12-21-2011, 12:26 AM
That is the first week of Feb.,works for us but we will be the ones with FULL HOOK UPS!

Brad Townsend
12-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Clarke.
I am anxious to see your new solar set up.

chockwald
01-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Well (OK, I know that's a deep subject) it's now 27 days until we shove off. Anticipation is growing, and Elaine and I look at each other from time to time and each see the biggest spontaneous smile you can imagine. The kids are coming to the park on the 20th in their RV's to give us a send off party, and I'm sure there will be more than a few park staffers, and hosts in attendance, too.

Just a few more minor things to ready the coach and trailer for travel. Right now my main focus is on completing the high school soccer season....I was assigned 46 matches this year, and I'm down to 17 left to officiate.....where did December go?

Received very sad news a couple of days ago that a very good friend from high school had passed on suddenly....only 62....way too young, and just reaffirms our decision not to put off what we are about to do....you just never know when your number is up.

Looking forward to visiting with many of you over the next year, or so.