PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell front brake drums

john wayne
12-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Need info from 70's vintage owners that have had to replace front brake drums. My 74 has a Rockwell Model FF921 front axle, brake drum PN. 3219-L-2144. Existing drum cannot be turned due to serious heat cracks and a replacement is not available. Currently in a shop in Mesa Az on jacks, not a good place for a fulltimer.

fulltiming
12-21-2006, 12:51 AM
I presume you have contacted Newell's parts department to confirm that they don't have any in stock. I have found Chuck Clark in Newell Parts to be EXTREMELY helpful in trying to get you to a good source for any parts that Newell can't ship directly to you.

Being a fulltimer, I empathize with your current plight.

john wayne
12-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Michael,
Thanks for the reply. The suspension and chassis parts manufacturer Newell used in 1974 was a company named Page. They went out of business 15 years ago. I kinda got a good luck on that search from Newell. There are good challenges for owning and older rig but it's still worth it.

fulltiming
12-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Michael,
Thanks for the reply. The suspension and chassis parts manufacturer Newell used in 1974 was a company named Page. They went out of business 15 years ago. I kinda got a good luck on that search from Newell. There are good challenges for owning and older rig but it's still worth it.Glad that Newell was able to get you headed in the right direction. Sorry it didn't pan out. Hopefully an owner of a Classic will chime in some good news for you!!

john wayne
12-22-2006, 07:49 PM
I googled obsolete Rockwell truck parts and that led me to Neals truck parts in Grand Rapids Michigan and they had 2 NEW brake drums. Guess what I'm getting for christmas? Hope this may help others looking for hard to find parts. John wayne